“A home away from home”

Sleep Express Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chullora
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Conveniently located in a central geographical position of Sydney and suburbs Provides an able access to all the motor ways easily to be on time.
Sleep Express Motel has a friendly hospitable staff which projects a feeling of a home away from home and in over a decade keeps going back to.

Room Tip: North facing rooms preference.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam D

Reviewed 30 April 2017

upon the checkin arrival the receptionist was very friendly and helpul with my questions about the nearest train station location and also helped me with getting the address for the train station to get there. The room has been renovated and was good except the air conditioner was ancient and not been cleaned for years and accumulated with dust we didn't even try to turn it even though the 2 night stay was cold was scared to turn it on for breathing of the dust into bodies and the air vents were also thick with dust. The room was small the bed linen and bed were clean nd tell it was new.
The worst part about staying at this motel for the 2 nights stay could hardly get any sleep both nights due to at 1 am each night other guests had no consideration for other people in the motel and heard a fight between a couple the first night yelling at the top of there voices and swearing the f word every 1 to 2 sentences and going for hours and hours. Then on our second night we thought it be much better but when it was after midnight then it started again with another group laughing so loud and talking so loud annoying everyone and playing the music in there cars thinking it was a nighclub with there doof doof music and both nights they have 24 hour reception and the staff do nothing about the noise complaints or going to sort the other guests out to keep them quiet to respect all the other guests I recommend nobody to stay here unless u want little sleep especially if your on holidays or a weekend it be better looking for other motels around and after getting lack of sleep myself and my partner and motel doing noting about it we will never stay here again.

Room Tip: don't stay here u get no sleep at all
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

My stay at this hotel got off to a rocky start as soon as I walked in the door. I have never paid for my rooms before leaving I was basically forced to pay for my room as there was no other accomodation in the area and my son was getting very hot outside in the son. Then when I got to my room for which I paid for a double and single bed I got 2 single beds a fridge and TV. You had to be careful if you went to the toilet as the seat was just hanging there you I wasn't sure if I was going to fall off or not. The bed linen left a lot to be desired my sons sheets had holes in , I asked how often they changed them they said every four days this was done the night before we left . I had to buy coffee and sugar as it was never topped up this happened to everyone in the hotel they have list out in the long term as there were approx 20 guests from Adelaide who travel t Sydney every year for national bowling championships . They also had an Easter egg raffle which on the poster said would be drawn Easter Sunday I asked when it would be drawn the receptionist said Tuesday. I replied that we were all leaving for Adelaide then. The tickets were handed out to everyone that paid for breakfast.
My wife's bed had blood stains on the quilt cover they didn't change it until I demanded it to be done .
Over all I would not recommend to the thousand odd ten pin bowlers he come here every year to use this place.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2017

The price per room for this motel exceeds the level of maintenance and presentation. The furnishings are cheap, well worn and sometimes damaged. The bed is comfortable but small and the particle board furnishings were showing damage from wear. Common area carpets were worn and stained. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Ross B, Manager at Sleep Express Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Bruce
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of rooms that need upgrading. It is a pleasure to announce that we have completed 90% of refurbishment of our rooms. We still have 10% old rooms which need upgrades but to high occupancy rate we could not complete all rooms. All our rooms will be completed within a month. As for common area carpets and hall ways that would be the last to be completed and within a month as well. All the rooms will be getting all new furniture and fittings It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved hotel!

Reviewed 17 March 2017

One night stay. Filthy, filthy room. I was so concerned about risk to my health we didn't stop to even look at the dining room for breakfast. The overwhelming smell of air freshener on arrival covered the two stinking nappies in a bag behind the door of our room. The photos speak for themselves and clearly show the concerns we had about the room, including body wash on the shower wall, dirty walls, faeces on the bathroom wall, blood on the headboard, drips down the walls, filthy and sticky carpet, generally filthy room. I have stayed in many places through personal and work travel and I have NEVER been so concerned for my health as I was in this room. Plus point - the linen was clean and fresh - so we were there for about 8 hours, only put our foot on the carpet if we were wearing shoes, and got out of there quickly. Very very disappointed, and concerned this place is able to trade with such poor standards. I paid $164 for myself and my daughter - even less than a budget motel. Very concerned about standards here.

Room Tip: Consider very carefully before staying here.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 449victoriao
Ross B, Manager at Sleep Express Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I am truly very sorry to hear that you were not at all happy with your disturbing experience with us. Our guests are our number one priority at the property and if someone is dissatisfied with their experience, we work very hard to correct this immediately and in a timely fashion in order to turn their experience around. Everyone has a chance to learn where we can work harder for our guests. The cleaning issue has been addressed promptly. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our Motel with a different experience.
Please contact me and I will personally make sure that you are looked after.

Regards, Ross

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

What a fantastic place. Wanted somewhere close for the concert. They provided shuttle to and from the lidcombe train station. Thanks so much, made our trip so easy.
Close to service station, shopping complex. Great price. Beds very comfy.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival.It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our new completed refurbished motel.

Best Regards.
Ross

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night as we were attending a concert at Olympic Park.
With this motel you get what you pay for. Rooms were basic but clean and tidy. The staff were very friendly. The motel has free parking and free wifi plus a shuttle bus to the stadium ($30 return trip). We had the continental breakfast which consisted of toast, fruit, cereal and muffins. The rooms need to be modernised but it was a cheap and comfortable place to stay for one night. If I was to visit Olympic Park again I would return to this motel.

Stayed: March 2017

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our motel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need updating. It is a pleasure to announce that we are in the mid of completing many of these upgrades to the property within the next few months. Our rooms will be getting new mattresses, bed skirts, window treatments, carpeting, in-room accessories, and much more! In taking great care of our charming motel, our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. It would be such a pleasure to personally welcome you back to our new and improved motel.

Best Regards.
Ross

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chullora
1.3 km away
Gardenia Motor Inn
#1 of 2 in Bass Hill
4.6 km away
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
Ibis Budget Sydney Olympic Park ...
#4 of 4 in Sydney Olympic Park
9.3 km away
Holiday Inn Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
#6 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Sleep Express Motel? Share your experiences!