“Racingbox Scam”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Racing Box Experience
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This company is a complete scam. They never have any dates for you to choose from until your voucher gets expired. I checked almost daily for 4 months and still no date. After doing some research it seems i'm not the only one.

They have restrictive call times and they don't ever pick up their phone. The only email answer they give is that "there will be dates". They told me there would be more dates on a specific date and I check on that date and there's nothing available. They also refuse to give you your money back.

11  Thank PengyC
There are newer reviews for Racing Box Experience

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I bought my racing box ticket in November 2012 from TEAM BUY as a surprise gift for my husband's birthday. We had booked the date for July 6th to go redeem this coupon. Today I received an email from racing box saying they have to postpone the date as their fleet of cars has been held up at the borders. They said in the email the rescheduled date will have to be after August. I called racing box numerous times and no one answered. I also emailed them and got no response. Their voicemail is in French and says it full and cannot receive any more voicemails. I called TEam buy to question them and they said "oh ok, we will get in touch with the contact there and get back to you". They still haven't gotten back. I am soooo pissed off!!!!

11  Thank aeliyak
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Our experience was cancelled , and after some research I found a facebook page for this company. I was not surprised to see many people who have been cancelled, no-showed and even rescheduled up to three times, as long as 14 months ago.. I have been trying to arrange a refund with them, and finally after getting a hold of someone on their phone line was advised to email.. I did so and am now going back and forth with an employee there requesting my bank account information in order to refund the money in which I paid a money order... This company appears to be operating out of Switzerland. There are many different variations of their name and websites.. The facebook page includes people from US to Montreal who have been affected.. BEWARE!

10  Thank Corrinb
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I booked vouchers for Racing box on Groupon, but it was simply impossible to get my reservation to go trough. Racing Box has a poor customer service (dont be fooled by the website). I must have called and emailed them over 50 times to book my day and never got an answer except for on email saying: please refer to our website...

Groupon said they would look into it and 72h later they said it wouldn't work out and refunded me but for 2 weeks, i was desperately trying to book a race and it never happend.

8  Thank Mikael C
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My GF bought me the racing box experience and we traveled to Cayuga for the event. After being registered and choosing the type of car (lambo or ferrari) you are able to drive around a short curvy track. The straightaway was barely 1000 yards and I couldn't get the lambo higher than 3rd due to short length. I still enjoyed the driving portion mind you. At the end of the drive you are encouraged to purchase the DVD video of your drive which is supposed to include a picture-in-picture of you driving as well as a view of the roadway. I didn't think it was worth it but the GF wanted to give it to me as a memento of the day. So we forked over the 50$ and received the DVD. Only to find when we got home that the video captured only the last 15 seconds of the 4 lap ride and there was no a picture-in-picture at all. We made several attempts to get the company to refund the $50, even sending the media file showing it was only 15 seconds long and to date they haven't issued a refund. So- if you plan on visiting this attraction, be VERY WARY of their DVD offer.

7  Thank gradeAcanadabeef