All reviews tree rats scuba diving dive centre great place to stay home from home mini zoo huge bathroom lobster casa particular beach towels air con high level separate house the bus minute cycle speaking english the main house
Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were backpacking around Cuba for a month, after travelling through Varadero, Havana and vinãles, we stumbled across Playa Giron! With the intention of staying for 2 days, doing one or two dives and then moving on, we were shocked ourselves when we stayed for a total of 8 days (we left and then came back again!!) and did a total of 20 dives between us!

Yvette, Ronel, Carlos and their staff are all extremely welcoming and will bend over backwards to accommodate you! The bedrooms and bathrooms are extremely clean and stunning, and THE FOOD IS FANTASTIC!! With fantastic breakfast, lunch and dinner all available in the casa, we only ate out once or twice during our entire stay! You'll certainly never go hungry!

The diving in the Bay of Pigs is certainly not the be missed with fantastic fish, corals and clarity! The prices are also extremely good! I would highly recommend diving here even if you have never done it before! I qualified as a diver whilst staying here, and as Ronel owns the dive centre, his casa was the perfect place to stay. He and the other dive masters are also all fantastic teachers!

With crocodiles in your back garden, fantastic diving and lovely people, you'll fall in love with playa Giron and it's little bit of paradise! Could not recommend it more!

W+Z xx

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018

I stayed here for 2 nights while scuba diving in Playa Giron. The room was super clean, beds were comfortable, and everyone was very welcoming. The room included air conditioning, a fridge with beverages at a great price, and bikes were free to use. The town is very small so it was easy to get around by bike to visit Playa Cocos and the museum. Breakfast was $5, and other meals varied but all very reasonable prices and delicious. I highly recommend eating at the casa. Carlos, the concierge, and Ivette were very helpful with helping plan my future travel plans to Cienfuegos and Trinidad. They had great connections for casas in both of those cities! The dive bus stops by every morning if you plan to go diving with Ronel- some of the best coral I have ever seen. I highly recommend staying here, and can't wait to visit again!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Stayed here with my brother and liked the place (and Playa Giron) so much we stayed an extra night. Possibly our favourite place in Cuba.

> The concierge is really helpful and friendly, plus speaks excellent English (and is too modest about it).

> The breakfast was great, as was the dinner (Octopus was especially nice). The helpings were also extremely generous.

> The shuttle bus to several of the dive spots stops just outside.

> There's a lovely garden out back, with an interesting collection of animals.

> There are bikes available to use if you fancy braving the heat instead.

> It's just on the west edge of the village as well, so is very quiet but still within a few minutes walk of everywhere else.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

We spent two wonderful nights at Ivette and Ronel's house. We rented a 3 bedroom house for the whole family. Every room has it's own bathroom, TV, and fridge, as well as ammenities.

From the first contact Ivette was extremely attentive and hospitable. Carlos Yohan, the concierge was fabulous, and always lookinf after our needs. The kintchen staff was also so nice and welcoming and the food was absolutley delicious. The breakfast is ample and the fruit was to die for!

Playa Giron is beautiful and the snorkelling is great. My boyfriend went diving twice with Ronel and he said it was truly incredible. Will definitely be going back in the near future!

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I have been to Playa Giron and to Ronel and Ivettes casa many times and I will always go back there. There are so many things that I love: the sea, the beach, the diving, the snorkelling and just the buzz of the village. There are now quite a few restaurants and bars to go to in the evenings after a good days diving.

Ronel and Ivettes house is comfortable and clean and the food is great. The staff and the people in the village are friendly and kind and it really is a wonderful place to unwind.

Room tip: At the back of the house
Date of stay: September 2017