The Gladstone
  • Breakfast included
The Grand Ash(Llandudno)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfresh milknorth walesscampi and chipsrelaxing mini breaksea view from our roomfamily get togetherbooked a tablefor sunday lunchat short noticeplenty of choicelovely roomlocal attractionsspent nightsfull englishfollowing morningan evening mealstayed here for one night
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Took a chance having not been there for many years; recent review said it was good.
Four of us booked for a meal last night (17/09/11); we were not disappointed.
Excellent service, attentive staff but not obtrusive.
Four different meals, excellent quality.
Superb view over the sea from this location.
Will go there again.
DafyddT

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dafydd T
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Having always stayed on the caravan site behind when we visit this neck of the woods, I decided that id treat my wife to a bit of luxury, so I checked out The Gladstone on-line and booked through late rooms. We knew the rooms would be as good as the restaurant (which we have eaten in many times before).

We stayed for two nights, Friday night we ate in the restaurant and as usual the food was first class, as was the service. Nothing seemed too much trouble for my wife, who can often be a fussy eater.

The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable with regards to the menu's and made us feel so welcome throughout our stay!
We Can't wait to come back, A Big Thanks To The Gladstone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David F
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Having only popped into the Gladstone once on the way to visit family i knew i was in for a treat, my boyfriend had booked us in to stay for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday.
Having arrived mid morning (checkin was at 2pm) the kind young lady said that we could check in, having never seen the rooms i was AMAZED!! beautiful! they are stunning. For me a pet hate with hotel rooms is cleanliness not a problem at The Gladstone it was spotless!
We dined in the resturant on the first night it was lovely i just wish i hadnt eaten so much i missed out on some scrumy sweets my hubby had the brownie. W evened decided to stay for Sunday lunch the food had been that good
All the staff are a credit to The Gladstone, i believe the young lady Adelee (Sorry if its spelt wrong!!) is in charge she looked after us through out our stay and greeted us with the biggest smile every morning at breakfast (not easy at 9am im sure!!)
I cant reccomend the Gladstone enough from excellent customer serivce, beautiful view and spotless rooms! Keep up the good work! We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I am really writing this about the house, Plas Arfon Cottage that we stayed in for a week that is on the property of The Gladstone Inn and will also include my review for the Inn.
Searching for a vacation home the week prior to Easter was no easy task. I did not even think about it being the week before Easter and could not figure out why I could not find a 2 bedroom house that had 2 baths that were available. Well, why would a girl from Jersey know that North Wales is THE place to go THAT WEEK? And when we arrived, I knew why! Beautiful beach with a view of the Isle of Anglesey to the front and the Snowdonia mountains in back of us! So much more than we expected and loved every second of our stay!
Lance Scally was my contact and was so fantastic! The pictures of the house were lovely but when we arrived, we could not believe how beautiful the house really was! Absolutely immaculate, you could eat off the floor in every room! Beautiful dining room when you walk in the door with a 1/2 bath in the foyer. Stunning kitchen with all contemporary appliances AND dishwasher! Three big bedrooms with the largest one upstairs that had a balcony overlooking the sea! A small but quaint backyard surrounded by an old stone wall with a field of sheep and babies! Picnic table and BBQ grill were perfect for our family get together the day after our family wedding on The Isle of Angelsey! We can't WAIT to go back!
We spent time in Caernarfon, Penygroes, Isle of Anglesey and took a day trip to Liverpool to do Beatlemania! Liverpool was only a little more than an hour away. We drove through parts of the Snowdonias twoce and and went to a beautiful beach on a pennisula in Northern Wales.
The house was booked for the last two nights of our stay so we stayed at The Gladstone Inn on the property. Fab restaurant/bar with great food, service and prices! There are 5 or 6 very tastefully done rooms. The beds were a little small for us, but comfy and immaculate, just like the house. The staff at the Inn was extremely accommodating and helped with our needs at the house and at the Inn. They even put our breakfast out for us as we had to depart early for our flight on the last day. Otherwise we were served complimentary cook to order breakfast.
I do not believe I have ever wanted to recommend any place as I want to for Plas Arfon Cottage or The Galdstone Inn! And, might I add that what we call a 'cottage' in the US is a far cry from what Plas Arfon Cottage was. It was a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath house. A cottage around the lakes of North Jesey where we live is a small 1 bedroom/1 bath. Needless to say we were thrilled and hope to stay there again on our next trio to Wales!
Have a look - http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/conwy/63411
Thanks, Lance Scally and your fantastic team for making us feel at home and for taking such good care of us!
Best,
Lya Navarra

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lyagirl
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed at the Gladstone over the Bank Holiday, The Staff were friendly and the breakfast was excellent, the beds however were not, My tip if you are over 5" 8 then find another hotel because you will not be happy with the size of the beds, unless you have booked the room with the four poster bed that is, glasses in the bathroom had toothpaste marks on them so they hadn't been changed, and the wardrobe smelt, oh and the bathroom had no bath just a shower unit, which was disappointing as we were on a walking holiday and I like a soak after a days walking.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends