“Great pub, good food , lovely staff”
Review of The Powis Arms

The Powis Arms
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

Great pub with a great atmosphere and good , value for money food with great service and super local walking distance to Walcott hall!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 20, 2017

We ate at The Powis Arms a couple of times while attending a family wedding nearby. the food was outstanding pub grub, and the service was quick and friendly. When a snowstorm stranded nine of us in the village, they could not have been more gracious and accommodating when we suddenly showed up for lunch.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Went for Sunday lunch having been to a local Christmas Fayre,
Food all freshly cooked real roast potatoes/Parsnips/Yorkshires,
Just like my mum used to make. Very relaxing surroundings very warm fire good real ale selection.No processed food here.
P.s Don't tell to many we won't get a table next time.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank 2grandad
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Three locally sourced real ales on tap all in good form.
A friendly atmosphere with reasonably priced and tasty food.
Camp site at the back.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

I've realised recently I'm quick to criticise establishments, yet don't praise; as I go somewhere expecting to be pleased. The realisation was; that places like this don't get the credit they deserve.
We came here as a 3. Two adults and an 8 year old. I commented to my wife whilst eating, that if I ever open a restaurant, I'm coming here to poach the staff. They are awesome. Friendly. Attentive. Conscious
The food was good too. I'm being honest. It's not Michelin star fare, but it's blooming good home cooked pub grub, which suits a family of 3 on a busy Saturday evening. The beer is excellent. I loved the montys brewery sunshine. It's soooo good.
My only criticism of the whole experience would be: although there's a kids menu, there is not a kids dessert menu. Black pepper cheesecake, whilst intriguing to an adult is utterly revolting to a kid desperately seeking sticky toffee pudding or a chocolate fondant.
That said, love this place. It's what pubs should be.

Date of visit: October 2017