All reviews close to the airport launceston airport early flight room was clean good size free wifi hired a car launceston area next morning new owners split level sitting area definitely stay here again reception desk room rate convenient location budget accommodation
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

DISGUSTING! Dirty, unclean, rude manager, the list could go on! Wouldn’t even stay here for free let alone spending money on this place! How this place is still open is beyond me really. Definitely recommend staying elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2018
4  Thank jemmab1998
Abeltas614, General Manager at Abel Tasman Airport Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, We have a new team of housekeepers, have a nice day.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Room and property is disgusting, dirty sheets and very un clean rooms.

Manager is rude and has zero customer service or social skills and terrible hygiene.

Much nicer places to stay in Launceston, avoid this property at all costs.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Maddy-Belle

Thank you for your feedback, we have a new team of housekeepers, have a nice day.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Rooms very clean warm beds comfy and clean shower was good and our room was serviced every day with new towels and amenities and very affordable prices staff was more than helpful lovely receptionist we had a meal at the restaurant that was delicious and the chef was very nice would recommend this place to stay

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Abeltas614, General Manager at Abel Tasman Airport Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. Have a great day

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We were booked for 2 nights but never got to stay - I think we were lucky. I had an e-mail during the morning of my expected arrival which stated that I would get a PIN for the key safe when my payment was processed. By 3.45 that afternoon, I e-mailed that I was concerned at not getting a PIN yet - no reply. I left Brisbane at 5.00 pm. The morning's e-mail stated that reception closed at 8.30 pm. During my flight from Brisbane to Launceston, I had 2 missed calls from first a female who claimed that my credit card wouldn't work and later from a rude male who stated that reception would close at 7.30 and that because they did not manage to get money from my credit card that I should fix it before 7.30 or else not get a room. My flight landed at 7.45 pm as scheduled. I received the two voicemails but could not raise the motel staff either by phone at that time or by banging on the door at about 8.20 pm. I found alternate accommodation after much searching of the City. The next morning when I complained of the treatment which I received, the male at the motel hung-up on me. My credit card was valid and I can only assume that the wrong numbers were used by these obnoxious, inefficient people. If they intended to close at 7.30, why e-mail me the very same day and state that reception was open until 8.30. Grossly inefficient and in my case very costly as the City Hotel which I did use cost me $228.00 for the night. I have learned from the experience and am very happy to spread what I have learned with anybody else who might consider staying with these incompetents.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LenT41

Thank you for your feed back, we do appolgize for the inconvenience caused in regards to your booking, have a nice day.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately had a very horrible stay here at the Abel Tasman, could not actually believe how disgusting and dirty my room was. I could not sleep, the bedding smelt and service all together was very unprofessional. Was hoping to say good things but the man I spoke to makes that impossible, I believe he managers the place and it makes sense as to why it is so horrible. I have never met anyone so unprofessional both hygiene wise and in customer service, he was rude and more or less told me to go away also saying he did not have time for me and “sheets have already been cleaned” as I wanted cleaner sheets, after already paying for the room I felt obliged too at least get that. Also witnessed him be rude too his employers, saw a young girl leave crying. Definitely recommend never staying here, not worth your money. Would have much rather sleep in my own car in the cold then stay in this disgusting place again! If that man owns the place it should be shut down, if not whoever does should get rid of him before it does! Can’t believe a business man or person in general can be so disrespectful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank 75samanthalp

Thank you for your feedback, we are very sorry that you had these promblems while staying with us, have a good day.