“Hopeless food at Kamath Govinda! Travellers, please do not stop by here for food.”

Kamath Residency Nature Resort
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I was travelling yesterday on 23rd October 2011 on NH-17. There falls this much talked about restaurant - Kamath Govinda. We all were damn hungry and it was 2.30 pm. I was expecting some malvani food which wasn't available. I suddenly spotted on menucard a dish called 'Veg Malvani'. Now I naturally was expecting a dish having gravy with grated coconut and 'typical' malvani masala. To my surprise, what was served was a typical, usual 'mix veg'. The dish costed Rs 80. I felt like cheated. Even chapatis were not properly roasted, they were charred and unnecessarily oily and far away from any ideal preparation. I come from Ratnagiri district. I have spent much time in Sindhudurg district too. I know how 'malvani' preparations can taste. I was taken aback by the sheer carelessness, cheating behaviour of Kamath Govinda management. I did inform the manager (the guy behind the counter). He, as expected, was not at all concerned about my complaint as if it was a very trivial issue. So guys, I suggest and request to all travellers on mumbai goa highway who happen to go hungry somewhere in a patch between Palaspe and Nagothane, I strictly recommend that you avoid this place for food. Instead, prefer to dine at a place (Gujarathi Thali special) between Indapur and Mangaon.

• Stayed October 2011
8 Thank Amol Nirban
Gopalkamath, Sales Manager at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
Dear Mr.Amol Nirban,
Thank you for your Review and we regret that Our Food did not match your expectations unlike other satisfied guests.
We would surely look into our recipes and make the necessary changes If required.
We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the circumtances and we would certainly like to make it a pleasurable experience the next time,
Thank you Once Again for Letting us know about your experience,
Nagothane.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
mumbai
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I had gone to the resort few month's back with family (group of 10 adults and 6 kids) and all of us really enjoyed our stay. all of us felt that this is one of the best resorts we have visited in recent times....complete value for money!!! I am looking this place up now as I would like to re-visit with my office group of ~ 125 pax.

The rooms are clean and spacious. The property is well spread out and has a separate pool for kids and adults (kids had a ball in the kiddie's pool). Food is good. The staff is very cordial and helpful.

10/10 from my side for this resort...Keep it up!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank paritoshd
Gopalkamath, Manager at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this review, 25 October 2011
Dear Guest,
On Behalf of Kamath Residency Adventure Resort,I thank you for giving us your review.We shall strive continously to give our guests superior quality Experience.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 28 September 2011

It's just 100 minutes from Mumbai and you get so near to nature! It's an adventure resort. You get climbing, rafting, rappling, river crossing, kayaking etc either inside or near the resort.
Nice greenary allover. You feel so relaxed when you come out for a short nature break from Mumbai.
Rooms are also having a separate mini-area with swing and benches for each.
Room service is nice. The restaurant of this resort is popular as 'Kamat Govinda' and serves delicious food.

We liked the availability of core traditional marathi items available there; especially carry-out sorts. These were exceptional variety of papad, etc.

Swimming pool was a lil not too good. It had excess clorination, we felt. We did not spend much time there.
A nice weekend family place. Also good for corporate off-sites.

Room Tip: All the rooms are surrounded by nature and are nice scenicly located. You can only differentiate wit...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank DipakAbhyankar
Dear Guest,
Mumbai
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We visited on 23rd July 2011 in a duplex. The place is not all that maintained (slippery outdoors, gardens not maintained). The linen in our rooms were very dirty, the bathrooms were dirty. The most pathetic was food, we heard via the reviews on trip advisor that the food is good, but it was really bad. Thank god we carried nibbles, so it saved us. Kamaths needs to seriuosly review the property and get it organised. The only best part was the STAFF.......

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank NikhatKanolkar
Gopalkamath, Sales manager at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Mr.Nikhat Khanolkar,
Thank you for your Review and we apologise for the Bad experience you had at the resort.As you know It is raining tremendously from the past week and there is a High proportion of Humidity in the rooms,Toilets and on the Bed Linen.Our rooms and toilets are thoroughly checked by Housekeeping Supervisors Before Check In.Humidity was detected in the clean toilets.The slippery outdoors and landscape is due to Heavy rains.

We also regret that Our Food did not match your expectations unlike other satisfied guests.

We would like to have you on our property during the Non Rainy seasons to get a better experience of our resort.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We all enjoyed the activities, delicious, mouth watering food, at Kamath Residency. Would be great if our employer's can finalize this place for the training program!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank chetanc
Gopalkamath, Manager at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2011
Dear Mr.Chetan C,
Bangalore
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I booked a one night stay in the Executive room with my family (wife and 2 6 yr old kids) in the Executive room, with the all meals included plan. I would like to inform those who are planning to book (this I did not see mentioned on the website) is that the adventure activities on premises (climbing , flying fox , rifle shooting ) are not generally / daily scheduled, but scheduled for groups typically, so you need to check if these will be available at the time of booking.

We booked the Executive room, but ended up staying in the Heritage room because the Executive room was newly painted and I cannot stand the smell of paint. (funnily the first time I asked for a different room they said that all the available rooms were freshly painted, and when I insisted after an hour they "found" a room, which they called as a "heritage" type room which like the Executive room but had some differences in decor and no view unlike the Exec room, but worked fine for me).

The room was good for a family two single beds and one sofa-double bed. Sheets, blankets and towels were clean. Some pieces of furniture had accumulated a lot of dust, other than that the rooms and bathrooms were quite clean. The room had a split a/c and two bathrooms which was again great for family. The windows had no grills and no insect net which meant that we could not keep the window open at night - so no ventilation, save for a small netted bathroom window.

The resort has a main and kid pool which one of my kids used, which were clean. The have a ground for playing badminton, cricket etc which we used as well, using their equipment. The resort ground and rooms are peaceful - away from the town and set back from the road so it is very pleasant.

On the second day morning the resort arranged a kayaking + river crossing activity (through a third party) at the river site about 20 km away.

Overall, I was pretty happy with the staff and the service. They are quite helpful.

We took the plan with the meals included, but one also has the option of the room only plan and simply going to their restaurant at the entrance and eating there which may work out cheaper if you will not have all meals. However, the restaurant does not serve non-veg food, but the room service and buffet (under the meal plan) include non-veg options. I found the food pretty good. When we were there the buffet was laid out only for one lunch and snacks (since there were not too many people) and we used the restaurant once and room service couple of times for other meals. Room service for lunch and breakfast was slow, but tea only orders were delivered quickly.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Rohit_Bangalore_10
Gopalkamath, Sales manager at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
Dear Sir,
On Behalf of Kamath Residency Adventure Resort,I thank you for giving us your feedback.We shall strive continously to give our guests superior quality Experience.
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed at the Kamath Residency for 2 days in a Deluxe Room. The Hotel touches the Highway at Nagothane. This is a well maintained hotel with good landscaping. The rooms are decent. My room had 2 bathrooms along with an additional bed. Its great for 4 people.

The Hotel has Mountain Climbing & Valley Crossing (for Kids) & a decent swimming pool. The Food was OK. A a good, neat, highway hotel. Worth a consideration

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank harnid
Gopalkamath, Manager at Kamath Residency Nature Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
Dear Sir,
Nagothane.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nagothane
34.5 km away
26.4 km away
Prakruti Resort
Prakruti Resort
#1 of 6 in Kashid

Been to Kamath Residency Nature Resort? Share your experiences!