“Great hotel on golf course” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Gold Canyon Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gold Canyon
Spokane, Washington
“Great hotel on golf course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

My family and I visited my brother in Arizona May 2011. We stayed at the Gold Canyon Golf Resort. We stayed in a casita with 2 queen beds. Room was very always clean, very quiet. This hotel is a little ways from any major shopping, but getting around in the phoenix area wasn't a challenge with a rental car. This is a very photogenic area. I took a bunch of photos with my dslr, but are too large to upload. I don't golf, but other members of my party do, They said golf was outstanding. this facility has a pool, which looked relatively clean and well kept. It was upper 90's, low 100's during our trip, which was 30-35 degrees warmer than our home town.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Matt Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I thought the concept and layout of this resort was really neat! The casitas were pretty cool! You basically get your own mini house, although it is connected to other rooms by like one wall it was set up really well. We will stay here again.
I think the prices are a bit high though. Every staff member we encountered was very nice and I think they really liked working there! That alone tells you a lot about the place.
I do have a few complaints that if the hotel management reads these reviews might make a difference if they do anything about them. It would be nice to have breakfast included with the, what I consider, higher price of the room. Also, the floors in our room made the bottoms of our feet absolutely black and we wiped them off with a washcloth every night before getting into bed. Now, I am not sure if it's because of dirty floors or the color of the black carpet coming off on our feet. Also, there should be some updating done to the bathroom, especially the shower and shower head. The faucets were very noisy to use and I think if they were replaced they wouldn't be heard by other rooms, as we did hear others turing on their sink faucets.

Also, I love that everyone gets a secluded feel as the rooms/casitas are spread out, however, it would be really cool if they would give golf carts for guest use or even have them to check out for a refundable fee as it was a lot of walking. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the walking, but since we are a family with 2 little ones it takes quite a while to just walk from our room to the pool. I loved the room layout and the little private fireplace! It was also really cool to be able to walk out onto a lawn pretty much of our own. Our kids loved running around on the lawn!
I would stay here again, but I feel the room prices are a bit high and my husband would have golfed but he felt the greens fees were too high priced too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was disappointed with everything about this Place! The room was a good size and clean, but sparse and unappealing. I felt it had a coldness to it - like a low end property. Housekeeping service was slow - I had to call 2 times to get the room made up. Guest service was cumbersome; I asked that a recliner be delivered to the patio of my room, it two calls through various channels to get it. When it finally arrived, it was too late and cold to use it. The hot tub was barely lukewarm and we could not remain in it for long as the outside temperature was cold.
We ate and the restaurant and grill. In each instance the food was blah - truly not worth the price.
I would not recommend this property. Silvia

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jueza
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

The resort is known for golfing, so for wives who are widowed when the clubs come out this is the place to get pampered. Our room was called the Spa Package and had a hot tub on the patio. It was private so skinny dipping was fun. They have a great bar and the food was good. Morning buffet was worth it. We got a massage at the Spa and the staff there really know what they're doing, but wished they had a steam room. It was too cold for the pool but it looked like it would be the place to hang out come summer. Our room had a strange mildew smell but other than to sleep we didn't spend much time there so we didn't mention it. At checkout we got a 50% off coupon for a next stay which I plan to use in warm weather.

• Stayed December 2011
6 Thank SandBetweenMyToes007
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

My wife and I had 3 days of good weather to play golf in the Phoenix area. Gold
Canyon was in the same price range as We-Ko-Pa and the Boulders (both were 1st rate), but gold Canyon felt like a day at my local muny. A tip of the hat to the greens-keepers, but tees were littered with cig butts and broken tees. No drinking water along the course - in Arizona? And, lunch? The "special" we received included free lunch. But as we learned after ordering, the "special" was limited to either a burger or a chicken sandwich. We were up-charged $3.00 for the sandwich my wife ordered, and her coke was $2.59. It's a small point, but even the golf scorecard was cheezy. It was crammed with 20 ads for local businesses, including an auto body shop and a funeral home. NOT going back!

Room Tip: We only played golf.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jack c
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

Girls weekend and we were thrilled with the facility and superior service. The casita had 2 queen beds, frig, microwave, small kitchen sink area, fireplace, and outdoor hot tub. The hotel, golf course, and casita were immaculate. Beautiful views of the mountains and desert landscape with spectacular sunset. We ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was good and service exceptional. The hotel and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful. One night I had to call the front desk because the people in the casita next to us were having a huge party with a lot of people. After enduring the noise until 12:30 a.m. I notified the front desk. Hotel security come immediately and the noise stopped. Only one area of caution, because the hotel is built on a slope people with mobility issues should request a room near the hotel lobby. My friend had difficulty getting back to our casita from the hotel restaurant and the hotel provided a ride on a golf cart to our casita. The hotel is far enough from the city to provide spectacular views and quite. There are restaurants and shopping within 10 minutes and a large strip mall within 20 minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel for any purpose Wonderful Facility Super Service.

Room Tip: Ask for room close to hotel lobby if you have mobility issues so you do not have to climb steep slop...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank pattiangel
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a great resort. It's close enough to Phoenix but far enough away for peace and quiet. The casitas provide privacy and the private hot tub on the patio was fantastic. The staff was very helpful and kind. We had the breakfast buffet each morning and it was good. They also have made-to-order omelets. My only complaint was about the rooms. There was a chest of drawers with a mini fridge on top. It would be really nice if they had a large piece of furniture with the fridge inside and a microwave. But everything else was perfect! If I make it back to Phoenix I will most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Casitas are built into the side of a mountain, so you don't want to face the mountain. You...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
22.6 km away
BEST WESTERN Superstition Springs Inn
22.7 km away
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites

Been to Gold Canyon Golf Resort? Share your experiences!