“it was awesome”

Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mettawa
Reviewed 27 July 2017

all the staff were really helpful, But i would like to highlight a special thanks to jessie who was always helpful in latenights or early mornings he was always positive and did everything he can to make our stay outstanding

Room Tip: good view and really quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

woodingbruce, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging our great team here on property! Our staff takes great pride in serving our guests, and I will be sure to pass along your praise. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another wonderful experience!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn at Mettawa, since it was very conveniently close to relatives we were visiting. It's a very nice hotel with excellent service and rooms with plenty of counter space in the bathroom, and breakfast is included.

The only caution is that, if you're using a GPS to find it, be aware that the address shows on their information as 26325 N Riverwoods Boulevard, Mettawa, IL, which is wrong. It's actually 26325 Riverwoods Boulevard (not North). If you use North, you'll end up in someone's driveway.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Sue, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your overall visit, and we hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for my nephews wedding. Front desk & housekeeping staff very friendly. Great room, comfortable bed and kitchen. Average breakfast foods but great dining space. Feel there should be more than two accessible parking spaces as I saw at least three accessible rooms on the 1st floor alone. Loved that the meeting rooms were no where near the hotel rooms so was not kept awake at all by any late night shenanigans. Would definitely stay here again if the occasion arises.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

babsten22, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your overall visit, and we would love to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel was close enough to Six Flags, we were able to easily drive to & from the park. The room size was big enough for myself & my 3 kids. We loved that kitchen accommodations available, which allowed for making your own food. I would stay again when in the area. The price was reasonable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Syurkus, We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback and we are delighted to read it was a great hotel experience for you! We enjoyed your visit and welcome you back whenever you are in the Lake Forest area again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

It's a typical Residence Inn, however, what great service!

I had a shower with low water pressure....I mentioned it to the front desk. When I returned from a meeting, BAM, there was a new powerful shower head. Impressive

The evening snacks/dinner is very nice. The breakfast is plentiful and adequate.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Fretboard, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! It is always nice to read that our guests enjoyed their time with us and that the service exceeded expectations. The team and I take great pride in our hotel service and I will be sure to let them know of your praise. We'd love to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Traveller hotel. Basic facilities and basic rooms. You get what you pay for in other words. The staff are nice and friendly and everything 'works' for the a busy business day. The noise from the freeway is really bad

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I apologize that the location of the highway was a factor during your stay. I do hope that you give us another opportunity so we may exceed your expectations and provide you a better than basic experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I selected the Residence Inn in Mettawa because it appeared to be in a quiet place where my wife and I could rest after hours of driving. You can hear outside noise in the rooms. There were kids playing basketball until late on Saturday night and early Sunday morning. Also, on Sunday morning the cleaning lady knocks on the door at 11 m screaming that it's time to check out - check out is noon. I mentioned it to the hotel staff and see didn't apologize nor did it appear she cared - I'm assuming her instructions came from management. To top it off, there was this creepy guy walking around in his pajamas (top and bottom) in the breakfast area with his young daughters. The hotel manager was talking to him as if there wasn't anything odd about the situation. The coffee at the coffee station was cold and there was no tea.
Also, the rooms are dated and in need of updating, What we thought was going to be a quiet weekend ended up turning in to a nightmare. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any good rooms
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our goal is to always provide our guests with a stay that they are 100% satisfied with and we sincerely regret those times we fail to do so. Our hotel hosts many guests and there are a multitude of reasons that bring them in. Our goal is to be that home away from home and with that we provide amenities to create a comfortable and homelike atmosphere. The basketball court and breakfast are available to all guests. We do provide cold brew coffee as well as hot coffee 24 hours. I regret that your stay was not the experience you have come to expect, and do hope that you give us another opportunity in the future to exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mettawa
0.1 km away
3.6 km away
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
10.9 km away
Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa? Share your experiences!