All reviews stayed here full kitchen basketball court road noise evening snacks indoor pool resolved quickly business area excellent hotel waffles great business family wedding would definitely stay here again enjoyed our stay bedroom suite three nights comfortable bed
Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

This is like no other Residence Inn I have stayed in. Open concept. No wall between living/kitchen area a bedroom. I did not care for that when traveling with others. When I questioned them they told me they are all like this. Even though I checked in on app they failed to pay attention to my platinum request. This one is a good value for Navy graduation. Breakfast was pretty good. Nice location with easy parking.

Stayed: November 2017
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Nancy, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're disappointed to hear that we fell short in some areas, and we hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

I've never heard anything like this. It sounds like someone is driving a car through my room. It's 9pm, I'm planning on falling asleep at 10pm and there's no chance I'm getting a good sleep tonight. Avoid at all costs, and don't even bother reading the GM's reply to this complaint, because there is nothing to say. This is the worst traffic noise you will ever hear in a hotel in your entire life. Inexcusable!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I want to apologize for your unpleasant experience. We do our very best to ensure our guest satisfaction. Although the highway can be conducive for travel, it can be a hindrance if you are a light sleeper. We do offer ear plugs and sounds machines. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

After having stayed several times I must recognize the genuine efforts that the staff puts to offer a great service. I am an early bird, Istiyak and his colleagues are mindful about it and do their best to help me taking something for breakfast before leaving; Frances responds my questions effectively and always offers support. These are just two examples of many positive ones I've experienced.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Stevekatt, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, and thank you for acknowledging our great team here on property! We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled to know we always provide you with a great hotel experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Clean, reasonably priced, close to everything, and every staff member was polite and respectful. Air conditioner stopped working and staff replaced the unit before we returned. There is a some traffic noise, so if you're not used to it, it might be distracting when sleeping. Breakfast was typical but everything was clean and fresh.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

annaplus6, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your overall visit, and we hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed September 12, 2017

We stayed at this property for a family wedding. (There is no other reason to stay at this particular highway interchange, unless your reason is to be within walking distance of a Costco, across the highway. But I digress.)
We were welcomed as a Marriott Platinum guest (I have used them for over 50 years), and were assigned a first floor room next to the elevators and a noisy ice machine. (We clearly did not need this room's handicap accessible features, some of which are negatives for non-handicapped people. Offering it to us makes it unavailable for later-arriving guests who might need the features. Thoughtless policy!) Since we were checking in at 3pm with a near-empty parking lot, it was obvious that there had to be other unoccupied rooms, even if the property was sold-out. I cannot comprehend why a hotel would put their most-loyal customer in a noisy location - or not *ask* what type or room we would want. It happens that this room had a foul odor as well.
We were then directed to a room on the east side of the hotel. These rooms have the double negatives of early morning sunrise and the unremitting noise of the nearby interstate highway. Clearly not the right place for folks attending a wedding. (It is clear that this property chintzed out on the windows, since I have stayed in quieter airport hotels. but I digress again.)
We were moved again, to the non-highway side of the hotel. This room was acceptable for our two night stay (does this sound like damning with faint praise? Good. it is.) As all the other rooms in this hotel, the color scheme captures a nice range of browns and greys - neutral, but somber. The room was quieter, but still affected by highway noise.
The hotel offers a free buffet breakfast. We did not sample most of the buffet, but we note that all the dry cereals were presweetened. There are no restaurants nearby where one might buy a good breakfast, other than a different chain motel.
Housekeeping seemed to think their job included rearranging my belongings to suit their concept of neatness, even if it meant hiding things from me, including our gift card for the wedding couple, and a clip that I use to keep the drapery closed. (When I worked in an office, the cleaning crew were forbidden to rearrange the surface of a desk, and the same rule should apply here.) The cleaning solvents caused an allergic reaction for one of us; another ten cents spent on unscented, non-allergic cleaning products would go a very long way.
There are few lodging options along this highway. (For what it's worth, if you are *compelled* to stay at this particular interchange, the adjacent competitive hotel has a nicer lobby, and a cash breakfast; we cannot speak to the quality of the rooms.)

Room Tip: west side rooms are farther from the interstate and do not get early morning sunlight
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Sandy_Stanley, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lake Forest/Mettawa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel. We know that your time is important. Without comments from out guests, we cannot hope to improve our level of service. I am so sorry that you felt our hotel did not provide the experience you were looking for. Our goal is for each guest to leave 100% satisfied and we regret when we fail to do so. I do hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future so we make exceed your expectations and give you the service and experience that you have come to expect as a platinum member.