All reviews mobile home mulroy bay go karts climbing wall hot tub play park obstacle course tennis courts kids activities min drive fanad head fantastic site on site shop great weekend last weekend main park cabin
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Myself and my friend took our 4 children to this place for 2 days. We rented a 3 berth mobile home. The mobile was well equipped with everything we needed. We got wrist bands for the 4 children to gain access to Area 50...what they don't tell you is that there is still a charge on 3 of the activities in the Area 50.

We were informed that we needed to book the Kayaking and Archery on the day we wanted to do them anytime after 10am to come to reception and book. So on the 2nd day we went to the reception at 10.50am to be told that the archery was booked out. We had 4 very disappointed children. Luckily we got the last booking of the day for Kayaking - which they boys enjoyed very much. Liam was the instructor and he was very good with the kids.

The playground facilities in the park were just ok. Nothing a lick of paint and general upkeep would solve. A lot of things broken and not repaired, weeds everywhere.

We drove to Portsalon beach which is absolutely beautiful....only a 10/15 min drive from Rockhill.
Also we ate in the Village Inn in Kerrykeel, food was beautiful and massive portions and not over priced.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank eveloves2shop
Reviewed July 24, 2016

We camped in our tent for 4 nights with electricity in the tourer pitches. We had a lovely corner site, pitch 8 which had plenty of room as we have a big tent. The toilets were close by and the shower room was near reception which is outside of the camping area but no problem to get to. They were free, warm and clean. Very important when camping!
Rockhill is half hour drive from Letterkenny overlooking Mulroy Bay. It had plenty of activities for the kids. We did the archery for an hour which kids enjoyed. We had booked kayaking but the weather turned squally so they refunded us no problem. Area 50 is a bit deceptive. We paid €7.50 per child for half day pass which thought would get them on everything but we still had to pay for bullride and boats and i think there was charge for small crazy golf.
The staff in reception were so nice and helpful. We complained about the toilets as kids had been messing and flooded it and they got maintenance to fix it straight away even though it was 8pm.
It is a great base for exploring the north east of Donegal and highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

My wife, son, Daughter in law and 4 year old grandson were booked into the motor home site site giving to me was stand 12, when we arrived and tried to book in we were told that our pitch which had been changed to 9 was not ready as previous occupants had not vacated it. This meant that we had to hang around, however in all fairness the Wee lassie who booked us in brought us to the cafe were we were treated to tea and coffee and soft drink for the grandchild. We eventually managed to go to our site, but before I could set up my camper van I had to lift broken glass and rubbish that had been left behind. Once all this had been done I hooked up and went to wash my hands in the toilets, However there was no hot water as the system was broke. The child's play area was very run down there was some dogs poo on the ground. Climbing frames had screws sticking out of it. The walk to the showers was a hike compared to other sites I have been too, one thing I will say about the showers they are very powerful. But anyhow saying that my grandchild enjoyed himself which is all that matters.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2016

Very dependant on the weather, very little indoor activities ,everything was drap and dreary, walls in cabin paper thin. Lots of extra costs. One of the actives was plastic sheeting on a field that was wet and covered in washing up liquid, my son cut his back when he slid over a sharp stone that was under the plastic.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 557LouiseT
Reviewed July 10, 2016

very bad place never go there, very awfull. stayed there for 2 nights, nothing worked, staff were awfull, showers were too far from caravan park, tolliets were small and cold.
showers cost 1 euro, everything was to dear. rides were ment to be free with a wrist band but 2 rides wee had to pay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family