“Perfect Backdrop to a Magical Week”
other travellers have booked this property
Dining area and Living room Living room
The Patio
The Patio
Seen from road no 30
Seen from road no 30
The gate to the premises
During the wintertime
Wintertime
Night
Three of the Icelandic Cottages homes
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

YoursTrul...
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect Backdrop to a Magical Week”
Reviewed 26 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I stayed here for about 4 days with my girlfriend (now fiancée) in September/2015. Even now I think about how amazing and perfect everything was, especially the cottage and Rosa's (the owner) warm and kind hospitality.

The only reason why my trip was as great as it was, was because of this beautiful, cozy, and charming cottage. The cottage was simply perfect. It was clean and had everything you needed. The kitchen was modern and it was so nice to be able to cook romantic dinners by the fireplace, with candles and champagne. It would be the perfect setting to virtually any occasion and suitable for anybody - whether it's a romantic partner, friends, or family. It was also really nice that it was separated from the nearby town (Selfoss), kind of in its own area, and you had lots of places nearby to see.

When we got there, I was very impressed by how professional, friendly, and welcoming Rosa was - it honestly felt like we could ask her for anything at anytime. This was a truly comforting thing to know especially since it was my first time traveling to Europe. Her kindness and warmth immediately made me forget about the common anxiety and stress that is associated with traveling (i.e. the costs, planning, etc.). The day we came to the cottage, I knew that this would be a perfect and memorable trip - and I was right. Rosa was very helpful and made us feel stress-free. It was so nice to have all of the information and recommendations we needed (i.e. suggestions on where to shop, where to visit, where to eat). All you need is food and drink - everything else is provided in the cottage.

Not only was I able to give my girlfriend a perfect birthday celebration - but I also proposed to her (successfully). Without the intention of sounding sensational - I can honestly say that it was indeed the best vacation ever. I will definitely be coming back and I highly recommend this cottage to anyone who is traveling to Iceland. I would also recommend using a diesel car for those who plan on doing a lot of driving.

Thank you Rosa!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Moira F
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed 6 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

The cottage is just as it looks in the pictures - beautiful, cosy, and exceptionally well equipped. It felt completely brand new and is fantastic value for money. The cottage is only 15 mins from Selfos so near to the supermarket, and so many main attractions are accessible from here though do not book without also hiring a car. Rosa is just lovely and so helpful, welcoming and organised. We'd recommend the cottage without hesitation and would come again if we were to return to Iceland.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage had everything we needed and more that we wouldn't have expected.
Liked least: The weather! (Not much anyone can do about that though!!)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed 25 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Responsiveness of owner
Liked least: Could have used a base to plug in the iPhone to play some music.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$250
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing