All reviews free pizza bed was comfortable spa bath shuttle bus concert auckland television kettle
Reviewed October 4, 2015

I am still here at the motel lol because of my work in Auckland however I've been here 7 plus days already this place is awesome! John was a lifesaver after a bad experience at a previous motel he gave me a room immediately and allowed me to check-in at 10.30am well before check-in time of 2pm that never happens at any motel he and his wife are the perfect couple to run a motel like this especially as its very peaceful and very easy to drive out of theres no traffic build-up which surprised me as its in a busy area - the décor is good standard - Highly recommended A++++

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank snackeroo2015
Reviewed May 6, 2015

My wife and I stayed a night here after a long drive up from Te Kuiti because it was cheap and easy to get to from the Motorway. We were pleasantly surprised by the room which (even though it had two big columns running through it) was comfortable and well laid out with the bed partitioned off. The sofa was worn but comfortable and the shower room/toilet was spacious and modern. We went out for takeaways about 200 meters down the road but the kitchen was actually well appointed. Not sure if I'd stay in that particular room for 2 or more nights but for one night it was fine. The staff were very helpful and friendly even though we had a late check in.

Room tip: We chose based on price and you get what you pay for so suggest you spend a bit more to get a better room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tiraiwaka
540Motel, General Manager at 540 on Great South Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2015

Thanks for your feedback. We are excited to share that we have new Sofa's in house and would love to see you back!

Reviewed April 21, 2015

my husband and I enjoyed our 5 day stay. we were in room 28 with a huge spa which was to kill for. room was clean and cleaner came in every day.
the management and staff were all polite and very helpful.
I would recommend this motel to my friends.
1 problem we had was the fridge.....it kept freezing up our milk etc etc. but it was no big issue.
thanks guys for a wonderful time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Karen M

Thank you for your feedback - we look forward to seeing you again soon.

John

Reviewed April 14, 2015

This was a last minute booking as the rest of town was full for a Rod Stewart Concert (really???).

We booked late and, as we were extremely late getting in, were appreciative of the fact that the reception was still open.

The room was tidy, if a little unusually shaped but was clean and tidy.

I'd recommend this place if you need a decent bed at a decent (for Auckland) price.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your feedback! I hope you enjoyed your stay and made use of the great Shuttle service to and from the concert! look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

We just stayed overnight for the Eagles Concert as the city was booked out for Saturday. The hosts were lovely and provided a shuttle to the concert and it ended up a better proximity to the stadium than the city.
Very clean, service with a smile, well decorated, and comfortable beds - all we wanted

Room tip: We chose a one bedroom suite - lots of space, clean, and garden views
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for your kind feedback. We hope to see you again when you are next in Auckland for a concert.