540 on Great South Motel
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfree pizzabed was comfortablerecommend staying herea great place to stayspa bathclean roomsshuttle busconcerthostsaucklandtelevisiontoasterstadiumunit
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Firstly dirty and bed bugs to be capped off by the rudest staff I have ever encountered in 38 years of travel both in NZ and aboard. Yes when they say they lock the door and you dont have your key - sleep outside.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wisetraveller2012
540Motel, General Manager at 540 on Great South Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. If you are in the main building your key has a swipe card on it which is explained at check in. The doors are on automatic lock from 7.30pm and you needed to swipe in. If you were in Building 2 you do not need to swipe in as you have your own room key. All instructions are on the door.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

The bed was comfortable, and the only thing that felt fresh and clean. Firstly I noticed the bathroom was sub-standard with stains, questionable "deposits" on the wall by the toilet, burn-marks in the sink, and no facilities for cleaning dishes, if we could have stomached using the chipped crockery and very old and faded looking mugs. The kettle had water in it when we checked in. The Television was good with Freeview channels only. The fridge was empty and in need of a good clean. The shower is mounted over a spa-bath, which I was not prepared to use due to the marks in the bath. Decor is very tired and shabby (apart from the bed which was fine, if firm).
The staff-member who served me was polite when checking in as was the other staff member who took my key when checking out.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect the room before you check in. We had pre-paid, otherwise I'd have gone elsewhere.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oolonz
540Motel, General Manager at 540 on Great South Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. Please advise what room you were allocated? We will look into these allegations further. Please email us on stay@540.co.nz with your booking details and we will respond accordingly.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

Unpleasant stay with a rude staff and manager. He manages to hang off from the phone twice in 3mn.
The breakfast was very light.
Be aware that the manager charges $8 per day per device. So I end up pay $16 per day for both my phone and laptop.
I don't recommend that hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank ludo s
540Motel, General Manager at 540 on Great South Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thanks for your email. You did order a Continental Breakfast with cereal. Had you chosen the Cooked, it is a heavy option. We explained the extra Fee of $8 for the additional device for unlimited wifi and the fee that applies and you accepted. Your telephone manner was rude and the information that you provided was incorrect. I was disappointed in the condition you left the room in. Good Luck to you.

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Very clean, everything from toilets to sheets, staff and owners very helpful and accommodating, plenty of parking, 3minutes to hospital if that's what you need. It was during my families very stressful time at middlemore... Thankyou

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

$350 a night definitely not worth it but city had severe shortage of accommodation. 15 minute drive to airport which what we needed before our flight out.

Clean rooms but very small.

Check in lady was wearing Track Suit. Motel or Hotel a certain level of professionalism should be presented. Especially if you going to charge a $100 room at $350 to take advantage of city gigs.

Would not stay again.