See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 29, 2015

Sandra and Alan are nice enough people but as hosts to the under 35’s they are rude and seemed to have forgotten the concept of making paying guests feel welcome. We booked 2 rooms, a double for myself and my husband and another twin for 2 friends. We were due to be attending a wedding locally and had booked to stay the Sat and Sun. After a long drive from London we were met with the following:

Greeted by our host, bad mouthing our friend who had miscommunications with a local taxi company which had come to pick him up at the drop off point.

Our friend who Sandra hadn’t yet met or spoken to was describes as ‘his sort’.

Didn’t want to lend us an iron and lied about it being broken. After a long negotiation it turned out the iron was in perfect working order.

Questioned if we responsible enough to look after a key in a very patronising manner.

Despite having a 2 night booking, it was insisted that we had to leave the B&B by 11am and return later as our hosts were attending an event…in their own words “this isn’t a hotel” so you can’t just stay all day..
After agreeing we could stay in 1 room, we later found out that all the other guests were allowed to remain in the main house…..whilst we were copped up 3 in a room for the entire morning.

In summation, the facilities and decor are way below a 4 star b&b..lovely gardens, friendly dogs, offensive host.

We paid 1 1/2 nights rate and cancelled the 2nd night as we were made to feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome. - NOT advisable for anyone below 35 due to ageist hosts.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank SullySutton
Reviewed April 11, 2015

I spent two magical nights at Alan and Sandra's lovely home. The setting is stunning and very peaceful, my room was very clean and tidy, with a very comfortable bed - overlooking their beautiful garden and the hills beyond. Alan and Sandra have an amazing gift of hospitality - I was made to feel so welcome and very much at home - so much so that I will definitely bring the rest of my family to stay. Sandra's breakfast was deilcious too. They have also converted a barn - Ty Camlad - to the highest specification - it is simply stunning - which you can rent out for self catering. Please go and stay with Alan and Sandra - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at The Farm, Snead in August 2014 and had a lovely weekend.

The bedroom was clean, tidy and well equipped. There is a quaint breakfast room where a delicious full breakfast is served. If you are lucky you will get to stay hello to the corgi, Meg!

Nicely located to travel out to the coast, up to Snowdonia, or around Shropshire.

We stayed in the bed and breakfast, but the newly renovated self-catering barn also looks wonderful!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Farm is simply outstanding in every respect. On arrival we were treated to a pot of tea and delicious home made teisen gri (traditional Welsh griddle cake).
The accomadation is very comfortable and en-suite bathroom facilities excellent, the bedroom offered panoramic views accross the Welsh countryside.
As the farm is somewhat isolated, we had pre-booked an evening meal, which was served in a delightful private dining room. Sandra is the most amazing cook and served up a roast pork dinner with all the trimmings, the quality and choice of desserts on offer (all home made) would not be beaten in any top restaurant! Sandra, Alan and their daughter Rebecca were most attentive, ensuring there was always plenty of wine and extra food on the table for us to enjoy.
Breakfast was the same high quality as the evening dinner, all the ingredients are locally sourced and cooked to perfection. If you're looking for outstanding B&B and a very warm Welsh welcome; you will not be disappointed at the Farm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is one of the most delightful B&Bs I've ever had the fortune to stay at. I stayed in a very comfortable double room with a digital tv and walk in shower room. There was plenty of room to park my car and just over the back of where I parked my car there were some lovely chickens.

The room was very spacious - not that this is necessary, as the grounds are amazing. The grounds are decked with tables and chairs which guest can sit outside and have breakfast, read the newspaper or just enjoy the weather and the beautiful grounds.

To top of a super stay, the owners of the grounds and the B&B are the nicest people. Alan and Sandra could not have made me feel more welcome, and along with Meg (their corgi), I've had the most gorgeous stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business