See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here and was treated very rudely by Sandra..we felt uncomfortable, patronised and badly treated. The room was cold, half a toilet roll for a whole weekend, dated furniture and just generally unwelcoming, not like any other b&b we've stayed in before. The house is full of character and a nice area but the place should not be a 4 star at all! The host Alan was very friendly and nice, the hostess was the opposite for some reason she did not like us..I noticed she treated other guests differently who were older. I won't be returning here again I'm afraid.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank kazzakins23
Reviewed September 19, 2016

Very overrated! More expensive than other bed and breakfasts we had previously stayed in, in that region. Nice room but no guest lounge, basic breakfast, with no fruit or yogurts. Also very basic toiletries. Overall not what we expected for £45 pppn. I

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I spent 3 nights at The Farm for a walking weekend.

I stayed in the Garden Room which is a ground floor double room with en-suite wet room and has its' own separate access outside of the main house. It had everything I needed for a 3 night stay.

Breakfast was very good and set me up perfectly for my walking exertions.

The owners Alan & Sandra and their daughter were perfect hosts. I even got a lift down to the local pub to avoid me having to drive.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2016

We stayed here when we were visiting friends nearby, and what a great place with beautiful gardens. We had a lovely en-suite room overlooking the gardens and beyond. Both of us had a great nights sleep in our comfy bed and it was lovely to wake up to the birdsong in the morning. Our hosts, Sandra and Alan were chatty, very friendly and welcoming and provided us with a delicious cooked breakfast. When leaving, they showed us the barn which they have renovated, and how impressive it was, fantastic original beams. It was obvious how much care and work had been put into creating such a wonderful space. It is something we will keep in mind when next in that area. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: The large en-suite room on the front has great views of the landscaped gardens and beyond.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2016

We stayed over at The Farm Snead when we attended a wedding at nearby Mellington Hall. Our en-suite room on the first floor was a generous size with a sash window which had great views of the landscaped grounds and stunning valley. The huge bed was extremely comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep.Both the room and the en-suite were immaculately clean.
Breakfast was fantastic, with freshly baked home made bread, free range eggs and quality sausage and bacon.
Sandra & Alan were great hosts and we came away feeling we had become great friends.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family