“Value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dardilly

Aachen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Good value for money.
Flexible online booking system and efficient check-in.
Excellent and affordable breakfast buffet.
Downtown by car takes 15min, take parking close to river.

• Stayed August 2011
Middlesbrough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

My family and I used this hotel as a stopover on our trip between Tossa De Mar, Spain and the North of England, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and comfortable, we had a nice pleasant stay. Someone on a review mentioned a shop just opposite the hotel, I would not recommend going to it as my wife and I walked to the shop which was adjoining a bar/restaurant and the tables outside the bar which we had to walk through seated some very unsavoury looking characters and the shop did not sell much apart from magazines, and also a couple of times these characters drove around the hotel car park.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

At 44 euros with 4.90 for breakfast this is a great value. Rooms are large and sparsely furnished, but adequate. Ours had a double with a bunk bed over it. Shower and sink in separate cubicle from toilet. Little desk and stool in room. 6 hours of free wifi! Nice breakfast for 4.90 euros each. Close to Indigo campground where we ate dinner a few times (pizza and pasta at reasonable prices). Bus stop very close by. Buy all day transportation ticket for only 4 euros, will get you transportation to many places in Lyon. (Our bus driver gave us the wrong tickets despite many protestations, so we had to buy another all day ticket). Quiet area despite the fact that many hotels are located here at Porte de Lyon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Antarctica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2009

We have booked Etap hotel as we wanted to save some money after our holiday in Poland. It was our last over night stop on the way to Barcelona.... and really shame that we have spent it in such a dump place!

We have arrived around 19:00. My first impression of the hotel wasn't the best. It's a 1 store building with the access to the rooms directly from the street, sort of an American style motel.

A guy at the reception has given us a code (key) to the room number 12. It was a nightmare! The room was dark, dirty and extremely smelly! The bathroom was humid and stinky! The painting was coming off the walls that once used to be white but today are yellow. The room was equipped with bed only and a tiny tv attached to the wall but this is what we have expected. Although none of us could think that Accor Hotels is so bad at keeping rooms clean and well mantained.

I have decided to go back to the reception and politely asked the guy to exchange my room. He suprisingly asked why. I've respnded by saying: my room smells badly and is very dirty and I can't believe that Accor hotels can provide such accomodation. That very moment the receptionist started shouting at me saying that it's not his problem and that I shouldn't complain to him! - so if not to him, to whom then???!!! Even though he wasn't friendly at all and his approach towards me wasn't professional either, he has given me a new code to the room number 60. This wasn't very different that the previous one!

I have returned to the reception asking for the refund as I thought of going to a different hotel. Although I have been told that the refund isn't possible because his system won't allow him to do it! The moment I was about to give up the receptionist offered me to walk with him to a different building, just accross the reception - where he was about to show me "a little bit better rooms".

Yes, the room was surely bigger and brighter. The bathroom was sort of "clean" but with yellow stains all over. In the room the walls and ceiling were full of dry old food. The only "table" in the corner of the room was half broken and wasn't stable at all. Once again the carpet was covered with black and brown stains but... we were too tired to argue and have decided to stay there for that one night only...

It seems like the hotel wasn't painted in 15 years. Nothing has been changed/upgraded there for a long time. Shame that Accor hotels misunderstands the term low cost accomodation. Sleeping at Etap means sleeping in dirty and smelly room. I think it should be changed and improved immediately! What do you think guys from Accor Hotels???

AVOID THIS PLACE!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Dardilly hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dardilly
0.1 km away
2.0 km away
La Caborne
La Caborne
#2 of 2 in Limonest

Been to Ibis Budget Lyon Dardilly? Share your experiences!