“The Good Food Tour = more than just good!”
Review of The Good Food Tour

The Good Food Tour
Ranked #1 of 4 Food & Drink in Almonte
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Good Food Tour where you will be guided on a culinary walking tour of the two beautiful historical towns of Almonte and of Carleton Place! Taste local specialties and hear interesting historical stories of our friendly towns. Chat with the chefs and makers about their fabulous food that rivals any in the big city. At some of our partner's locations you will go behind the scenes and see how things are made! Whether you are a local, visiting family, a day-tripper or an international traveler, taking one of the Good Food Tours will be a fun and memorable experience. Culinary. Historical. Tourific!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

This is an experience that I would highly recommend! Perfect way to explore the charming and quaint town of Almonte, Ontario while discovering new favourite foods/restaurants (and getting some steps in).

My boyfriend and I had just the nicest afternoon. We fell in love with the town of Almonte. I must admit, I wasn’t expecting to be quite as full as I was afterwards. Very generous portions so bring an appetite with you!
The places we went to were all very close to each other and the flow of the tour was extremely well executed. Everything we sampled was amazing and every place accommodated my vegetarian request.
Cathy is a wonderful host! She exudes passion and pride for the town of Almonte and her disposition is very kind and welcoming. We learned a lot from her about the history of Almonte too.
It was a real feel good kind of day. I can’t wait to try out her other tours. Thank you, Cathy, and your partners for giving us such a great day and memory!
PS the butter chicken pizza (even without the chicken) from Pizza-ria Unlimited is my new favourite pizza. A must try!

Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Thank you Katie D. We love that you loved your experience! That is what we are all about.

All reviews
"day trip"
"cathy"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed June 16, 2018

instead of going to 1 restaurant, we were able to visit 6 & the food & beverages were fantastic! I enjoyed being let into the back rooms of many businesses & meeting the owners of these thriving businesses. Fun way to celebrate a birthday or just get out & see the town!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Great value for people who want to see & do all the good stuff in 3 hours. Cathy is personable & knowledgable. She took into the back rooms of local businesses to speak to the owners & show us how they made their products. If you want to do more than just go to a restaurant, try this tour. It's a lot of fun!

Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

My husband & I celebrated a recent anniversary by exploring Carleton Place with Cathy Reside of The Good Food Tour, along with 3 other participants, on May 31, 2018. What a fun outing, the slight drizzle didn’t dampen our tastebuds or walk about town! We sampled at 5 local Carleton Place eateries & a local brewery. Samples tasted were delicious & diverse in their selections & well-presented. The brewery was interesting & informative & we enjoyed our samples of their craft brews. All the owners were friendly & available to explain their food, their craft brew, their restaurant & history & their philosophy on their business. We will be visiting some of these eateries in the near future. This was my 2nd tour with The Good Food Tour, the first was in September of 2017 in Almonte, Ontario. Cathy Reside has managed again to produce another great town to visit with great partnerships. If you want a lovely day outing with a bit of history, good food & good company, I urge you to give this a try!

Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you very much Erin! We are proud of the fact that you can speak with the chefs and owners.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 10, 2018

This was an amazing experience of the lovely town of Almonte Ontario. Cathy the owner and tour guide has developed a well rounded experience of the local businesses and also provides an historical background of the town and people would were part of this area. We not only tasted various foods but met the owners and saw how various food products were made. We had coffee, HTF donuts (49% less fat) micro brewed beer, world awarded chocolate, various cheeses, and crepes. I would highly recommend this and others tours by this company. Thanks Cathy!!

Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thanks very much! We are so glad you enjoyed it!