Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great Tour!

This review is late but I wanted to echo all the sentiments of the other reviewers! I did the... read more

Reviewed October 27, 2018
Bytowngirl
Ottawa
A culinary tour of Carleton Place!

My friends and I had a wonderful time touring 6 restaurants in small town Carleton place. Cathy’s... read more

Reviewed October 21, 2018
Angela F
via mobile

All reviews carleton place donuts great food bridge street the owner spend an afternoon pizza local history indian cuisine brewing company wonderful afternoon local restaurants small town less fat behind the scenes interesting facts fun informative
Reviewed June 16, 2018

instead of going to 1 restaurant, we were able to visit 6 & the food & beverages were fantastic! I enjoyed being let into the back rooms of many businesses & meeting the owners of these thriving businesses. Fun way to celebrate a birthday or just get out & see the town!

Reviewed June 16, 2018

Great value for people who want to see & do all the good stuff in 3 hours. Cathy is personable & knowledgable. She took into the back rooms of local businesses to speak to the owners & show us how they made their products. If you want to do more than just go to a restaurant, try this tour. It's a lot of fun!

Date of experience: June 2018
Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

My husband & I celebrated a recent anniversary by exploring Carleton Place with Cathy Reside of The Good Food Tour, along with 3 other participants, on May 31, 2018. What a fun outing, the slight drizzle didn’t dampen our tastebuds or walk about town! We sampled at 5 local Carleton Place eateries & a local brewery. Samples tasted were delicious & diverse in their selections & well-presented. The brewery was interesting & informative & we enjoyed our samples of their craft brews. All the owners were friendly & available to explain their food, their craft brew, their restaurant & history & their philosophy on their business. We will be visiting some of these eateries in the near future. This was my 2nd tour with The Good Food Tour, the first was in September of 2017 in Almonte, Ontario. Cathy Reside has managed again to produce another great town to visit with great partnerships. If you want a lovely day outing with a bit of history, good food & good company, I urge you to give this a try!

Date of experience: May 2018
Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you very much Erin! We are proud of the fact that you can speak with the chefs and owners.

Reviewed June 10, 2018

This was an amazing experience of the lovely town of Almonte Ontario. Cathy the owner and tour guide has developed a well rounded experience of the local businesses and also provides an historical background of the town and people would were part of this area. We not only tasted various foods but met the owners and saw how various food products were made. We had coffee, HTF donuts (49% less fat) micro brewed beer, world awarded chocolate, various cheeses, and crepes. I would highly recommend this and others tours by this company. Thanks Cathy!!

Date of experience: June 2018
Cathy R, Owner at The Good Food Tour, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thanks very much! We are so glad you enjoyed it!

Reviewed June 3, 2018

The event was awesome! We learned so much about the town and had some amazing food. A wonderful afternoon!
I highly recommend the tour!

Date of experience: May 2018