“Great location”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This restaurant is perfect if you want to be outside and enjoy a stunning view. The food is typical pub fare but nothing fantastic. Service has been inconsistent on last couple of visits. Is a great place for a drink and casual dining.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

The location of this restaurant is perfect. The patio during the summer is an enjoyable place to be whether you are on the upper or lower deck. We have eaten at this restaurant several times. The food is good but the service is not always on par.
The location makes us want to believe that the view will offset the poor service so we keep going back. However, our last visit has left us with a bad taste.
The wait staff were very unattentive. We waited at the "Please wait to be seated" sign while staff glanced our way and then ignored us. When one finally came over she waved her hand and said sit where ever you wish. The restaurant was not busy with customers. The staff was busy visiting one table of guests which we came to realize was possibly an off duty or former staff member, their family and/or friends. There were 2 young girls possibly 8 to 10 years old in the party and they were all over the bar area disturbing other patrons, up and down off of chairs at other tables than their own and clinging to wait staff while they should have been working. Our waitress made it seem that it was an inconvience to take our order. We waited a long time for our food to arrive and when it did arrive it was cold, possibly because it had been sitting in the kitchen waiting for delivery. It seemed like there was no one of authority in the restaurant. As employers we were noting to ourselves that we would not want our staff to be acting this way.
Will we go back? We will probably give it another try in a few months when the taste of poor service has left us. We do love the location and the convenience. Perhaps it was a bad night.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

We stopped at this location for lunch. The patio overlooks the river - a very nice location. We ordered the Tuesday special and it was excellent value for the price. For lunch the portion was large. The service was quick and efficient. A very nice local for a quiet lunch.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Hello folks, my wife and I visited Almonte, Ontario and stopped for lunch at this restaurant/pub located right beside the river. Plenty of parking close by and we were quickly seated outside on the second deck with an awesome view of the river and guests below. The second level is also a bit quieter than the first because you are further away from the falls. The food was great, about $15 on average per selection that is served on a wooden board. Good portion size and great taste. I loved the ketchup of all things. My only negative observation was that the food was very slow to come. We watched as guests below us arrived long after us and appeared to be served before us. Another couple beside us complained loudly to the waitress that they had waited too long for their food. And at the end, I asked for the bill and waited 15 minutes before I got up to find the waitress so we could leave. I'm not sure what that was all about. I would still recommend this place.

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

I am not enamoured of pub food but this place was a recommend. We ate outside on the upper deck with a lovely view of the dams. The service was good, the beer chilled. My sandwich was grilled mozzarella with tomato and pesto on sour dough bread accompanied by French fries. The sandwich was OK, the fries very good. My husband did enjoy the Canada 150 chicken with back bacon and cheese sandwich. The onion wings were also good. So really when all is said and done "average " covers it.