All reviews ciabatta new owners bridge walk tagliatelle lunch break cross foxes steam train our room had a great view amazing place to stay lovely sunday lunch tv series rheidol valley lovely visit light lunch fabulous food roaring fire vegetarian breakfast
Reviewed August 19, 2017

Had Room 1 which was stunning, the view was fantastic out the window, the staff and food make this hotel one of the best I have stayed in yes some areas dated but its an old building what do you expect. We went the Steam Train and tour of Devils Bridge walks, then sat outside til late just drinking its the most chilled place and I am definitely going back as soon as possible and informed all friends of the place. A hidden gem :)

Room Tip: Room 1, stunning amazing bathroom comfy bed I did not want to get out of plus the view from the room is stunning
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Great surroundings, good prompt service. We were looking forward to our lunch having had a fabulous meal in the Cross Foxes. It looked amazing when it arrived. My husband had the Roasted Vegetable tagliatelle and it was very bland! He even added mayo and mustard but still no flavour. I was disappointed with my BLTC as the bacon was cold. The chips were lovely though. We did tell them about the tagliatelle but we're offered no discount.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I held my husband's 40th Birthday at the hotel staff were brilliant and so was the food and service. They catered well for all ages and as we were having a party we had our on private dining room we were able to decorate the area as well. Fabulous time had by all

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Lovley room, nice cosy and comfortable.
Lovely coffe and tea facilities
Unfortunately meals in restaurant not so much. I have stone in my meal and they told me that no they fault because bread comming from suppliers so they nor responsible for
Food is no very good , definitely management need new chef because food isn't good, no recommend.
Also car park is situated around 150 m from hotel but no secure, look like empty industrial field, we don't have any special car but to good to damp there.
Wi fi or mobile reception no exist, although bar staff let us using land line.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I visited this hotel for one night,we are both hinterland fans and looked forward to stopping in one of the locations used in the show , we were also looking forward to some peace and quite as staited in the hotel website .the room was very poor and old-fashioned ,the bedding was clean but nothing else was ,the meal in the resteraunt was adiquit but the staff where overstretched, running arround everywhere .
The worst part though was the evening ,after a busy day exploring the area we went to bed early only to be kept awake till 4am by pepole having a party below our window ,we tried ringing reception but nobody answered ,when we complained the next morning we were told that the manager would contact us to discuss our problem ,three emails numerous phone calls a recorded letter and one year later we have yet to have any reply .
This experience ruined what was supposed to have been a birthday treat for my wife .avoid this hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple