“AMAZING ROAST 10/10”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here yesterday for my Mums birthday, we have been before and had a great experience both times, a wonderful cosy pub with great staff and the best roast dinner i have had out in ages! I had the beef and my husband & my mum had the lamb, the vegetables came separate but we all piping hot which was great. Desserts were also delicious yummy!!!

1  Thank EJDJWD2016

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The roast beef was probably the best roast dinner I've ever had in a restaurant. The beef was pink and you get loads of veggies with lots of cheese sauce. Among the veggies you get root veg mash and red cabbage. Huge homemade Yorkshire and garlicy roast potatoes. Lovely setting, good service and very reasonably priced. Well worth the money, will be visiting again very soon.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank charlottehI8398WA
Reviewed November 4, 2018

We found a gem! On our first trip to the area, we were looking for a real pub experience. The Rising Sun had a very comfortable atmosphere and the food was delicious! We ordered a Lamb Shoulder and a Steak. Both wonderful. I recommend The Rising Sun to anyone who is spending an evening in Truro and wants a great meal.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank markgW2328IK
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

From the moment we arrived the barman was really friendly and incredibly professional. We ordered a steak and the Hake - both were delicious but the Hake and it's sauce were amazing. The service and surroundings were great. Couldn't recommend this enough. A brilliant restaurant.

1  Thank rsherrington
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this pub when we were visiting Truro. We hadn’t made a reservation and were lucky there were plenty of tables. The manager was really helpful and the food was absolutely delicious!
We all had fish, I had the ‘catch of the day’ and the hake was cooked perfectly. My wife had the fish & chips, which was amazing.
A great find, we will definitely be returning!

1  Thank DibleyDog