“Fantastic Food”

Sams in the City
Ranked #24 of 193 Restaurants in Truro
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SEAFOOD BAR AND GRILL in the HEART of Cornwall. One of 4 family friendly Sams restaurants throughout Cornwall. Others in Fowey, Polkerris and par.
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved the food here from a hot wok salad to a Philly steak sandwich! It's was very big portion sizes and great food. The only thing that let the resturant down a bit was the slow service...would go back again just for the food!!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Gemma X

Reviewed October 5, 2018

Come here all the time but never think to write a review, I really enjoy the food here, the specials list always throws out some good stuff, but for me its the red mullet meal that keeps me coming back! Guys get the red mullet burger on the main menu! Pleaaaaase!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Used to be a regular, and still visit on occasion.

The menu does not change very often, which was always the case. However specials used to save the day; now there are now specials or the specials are extremely limited.

Such a shame, as the team are always very helpful. And food usually always to a very high standard.

But wish the menu would be changed, or the specials list would come back!

This is not the same for all Sams. Many of them have excellent specials and varied menus, sadly our nearest Sams in the City has changed the menu set up. And is often the quietest of them all.

Hope it changes so we can return on a more regular basis....

1  Thank aidantreglown
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Ate here with friends and we had a great meal. Staff are friendly and attentive and the service was top notch.
Food was fresh and delicious (Wish I had ordered the Short Rib after I saw it), bit my Philly cheese steak was delicious.
Would recommend here without hesitation. There are two small reasons I didn't rate as excellent and these are my personal views. It was quite hot and stuffy inside and I am not a fan of food being served on tin trays or slates, there is nothing wrong with a plate.
Still this is a great place and will be going back for those Short Ribs

1  Thank KernowBoys
Reviewed September 18, 2018

On holiday in Cornwall and was desperate for seafood that the area is famous for. This place we found by accident, and it did not disappoint. Great service, extremely friendly and professional staff. My husband had oak smoked salmon, and I had the seafood feast. Both meals were beautifully cooked and extremely tasty. Considering it was lunchtime I have to admit the portions were more than generous and the price of the meal reasonable. An added bonus, in one of my moules. I found a pearl!