“Simple really,just very good.”
Review of The Thomas Daniell

The Thomas Daniell
Ranked #20 of 193 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The fish curry special (£15.95) was one of the best ever.A remarkable not quite too hot but very spicy background which complimented a generous portion of Hake.All the usual bits with it made a stunning dish on which I sent my compliments to the kitchen.Well deserved.My colleague had the Lemon Sole Caesar (£10.95) which was just as good and well exceeded expectations.

Tribute (£4.20) was in perfect nick as was the San Miguel (£4.50). Great eatery since the huge makeover but make no mistake,this is now firmly a restaurant not a boozer anymore.The transition has been well made and will always depend on the quality of kitchen skills which currently are very very good.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Went with some friends for a birthday dinner and we weren’t disappointed. Lovely selection of gins although there weren’t any cocktails that was the only thing lacking all evening. Had the Camembert sharing starter and it was delicious followed by the slow cooked brisket, melted in the mouth. It was all absolutely amazing. The staff were friendly and on the ball. Thank you for making the evening a success!

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Knowing we were coming for lunch as a big table I checked the menu in advance, there were no vegan options listed on the menu online so I called before hand and spoke to a lovely, friendly and very helpful girl, she initially told me the vegan options were soup and sorbet so I asked if it was possible for the chef to come up with something for us and she said she was sure that would be fine :)
So we had a veganised version of the flat bread, piled high with roasted veg with homemade pesto and it was absolutely delicious!!
We would have ordered dessert but couldn't face the standard vegan option of sorbet, please step outside the box... chocolate brownies or tortes etc are so easily made vegan. Overall it's a shame that there's not a vegan option or 2 plus a pud on the menu but what we did have was lovely and the staff were really helpful.

Reviewed October 19, 2018

We came here because our hotel didn’t do food in the evening and we wanted something more than a takeaway. This place is nothing out of the ordinary but, it was nearby, comfortable, friendly and we had very good brisket. Just what the doctor ordered.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here in a number of occasions and have always really liked the ambience and food, but tonight was very disappointing. I had the “special” crab linguine with chilli and coriander and was advised by the waitress that it was very spicy, that was ok by me. I expected a lovely plate of crab meat sitting on top of a fragrant bowl of pasta with some lovely flavouring but instead was presented with a plate of “mush”. A plate of hot spicy mushy linguine which if there was any crab meat in there you could never identify it!! It was totally not like the description on the menu. Absolutely nothing special for nearly £14. Have to say my companions fish and chips and steak pie were good. Come on guys if it’s on the special board it’s got to be special!!

Date of visit: October 2018