“Fantastic Voyage”

Vieques Classic Charter - Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Esperanza
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail on a Classic Wooden Sailboat built in 1941 with highly experienced Captain Sebastian and sailing crew. Sail and swim off the boat in Vieques crystal, turquoise waters.Your charter Includes snorkelling and sightseeing as well as fresh catered meal and drinks. See Vieques from a different view while sailing on a yacht that is part of Sailing History.
Reviewed April 2, 2017

Captain Sebastian and first mate Chase are a dynamic duo! Our family did a morning cruise from like 10-2. Sebastian's hospitality and accent are to die for! The conversation was great as both guys are down to earth, genuine, and you feel right at home. My 3 year old got to sail the ship and she loved it. They'll let you do as much or as little on the ship as you'd like. Lots of cool history about the Shalamar and Cap'n Sebastian will gladly share if you're interested.

The snorkleling and time in the water was grand! I'd highly recommend taking a voyage on the Shalamar! We'll be back for sure!

All reviews
"other guests"
"recent trip"
"delicious meal"

Reviewed March 30, 2017

This was a surprise birthday trip for my wife and from the moment we met Sebastian at the pier in Esperanza I new it was going to be fantastic. After a short dinghy ride to the Shalamar we met Paul the First mate. Paul was super nice and more than accommodating taking pictures of us and whipping up some really good rum punches. Once everyone was on board Sebastian gave us some safety tips and a very interesting history lesson on Shalamar. The real fun begins when you leave the harbor though. Sebastian will take you out to the swells where you can ride the waves on the bow pulpit and just absorb the blue water and the wind in your face. We then dropped anchor and swam/snorkeled for a bit after which we were treated to a wonderful lunch. All along plenty of rum punch and Medalla Light were provided. Sebastian, Paul and Shalamar were absolutely fantastic! The only regret was not booking the entire day! I'll save that for the return trip to Vieques! Also, swing by El Blok and catch Paul behind the bar, it was a pleasant surprise to see his face there later that day. Thanks guys for a great day!

Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the perfect day of sailing with Sebastian and Paul. Lovely views, great food and the best company. The trip is well planned with the right tempo of swimming, eating and sailing. Sebastian is clearly an experienced sailer and we felt well cared for the entire time. My six year old had a blast and I hope our trip will be the start of life long love of sailing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

We sailed the deep blue waters, sipped excellent rum punch, dived off the bow, wondered at the dolphin that danced under the bow for us, saw an Eagle Ray and delighted in the charms of the captain Sebastian and his first mate Paul. If you do nothing else book this charter now - you will not regret it. Shalimar is simply stunning and I miss her already!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2017

My husband and I joined Sebastian and Paul for the 4 hour snorkeling tour on our recent trip to Vieques. We absolutely loved our experience and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Vieques. We have been to many Caribbean islands and almost always do some sort of snorkeling tour. There is definitely a notable difference between the catamaran tours that most islands offer (which hold 30 tourists or so) and the Shalamar (which holds 6 plus crew). We very much enjoyed the smaller, most personal tour to the mass catamaran tours we have been on. Sebastian is quite the entertainer and is sure to entertain with his colorful stories. My husband would have been happy just to sit on the boat docked, and listen to stories (I like the sea too much though ;).

We struggled between which tour to choose from (Vieques Classic Charters, which is aboard The Shalamar or Marauder), you really can't go wrong they are both great. However, The Shalamar seemed to hold her own in swells much better than the Marauder. If you get sea sick, I would definitely choose the Shalamar. We also thought the history and story behind Shalamar was fascinating so we would recommend it over the Marauder (sorry Capt. Nate) but if Shalamar is booked up, you would have an amazing and worthwhile time on the Marauder. Our friends went with Marauder and had nothing but positive things to say.

Finally, the food Capt. Sebastian made was by far the best food we've had on a sailing tour. I would happily order it in a restaurant (and honestly wish I could order it somewhere at home). I've tried to make coconut rice a few times since our tour but haven't mastered it like Sebastian has. We will be back.