“Fantastic sailing with a wonderful captain and crew”

Vieques Classic Charter - Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Esperanza
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail on a Classic Wooden Sailboat built in 1941 with highly experienced Captain Sebastian and sailing crew. Sail and swim off the boat in Vieques crystal, turquoise waters.Your charter Includes snorkelling and sightseeing as well as fresh catered meal and drinks. See Vieques from a different view while sailing on a yacht that is part of Sailing History.
Reviewed June 25, 2017

Sailing with Sebastian and Paul set a new bar for sailing charters. My wife Alexandra and I had a superb time aboard Shalamar, a lovely classic yacht with lots of history behind her. The entire experience, the sailing, conversation, snorkeling, lunch and rum punch were perfect. It is rare to find such a thoughtful and well executed charter operation as this one and I can't recommend it enough to anyone visiting Vieques.

Yawl41, Owner at Vieques Classic Charter - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Wow! What a great review! Thank you both so much!

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"sebastian"
in 170 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Just returned from a 7 day trip to Vieques with 5 of my friends and wanted to experience sailing since it would be a new activity for all of us (we're from St. Louis, MO). We sailed with Sebastian and Paul on our second day of the trip and we didn't stop talking about it for the remainder of our vacation! We had so much fun, definitely something we will never forget! The Shalamar is beautiful, and Sebastian and Paul couldn't have been more hospitable and accommodating. It was a gorgeous day, lunch and drinks were tasty, the water was refreshing, but the company was the best. Thank you for a memorable afternoon!

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Captain Sebastian and First Mate Paul were an absolute delight! This was an incredible experience I will never forget. If you go to Vieques you would be remiss not to go. I seriously can not say enough about this wonderful experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Captain Sebastian and first mate Chase are a dynamic duo! Our family did a morning cruise from like 10-2. Sebastian's hospitality and accent are to die for! The conversation was great as both guys are down to earth, genuine, and you feel right at home. My 3 year old got to sail the ship and she loved it. They'll let you do as much or as little on the ship as you'd like. Lots of cool history about the Shalamar and Cap'n Sebastian will gladly share if you're interested.

The snorkleling and time in the water was grand! I'd highly recommend taking a voyage on the Shalamar! We'll be back for sure!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 30, 2017

This was a surprise birthday trip for my wife and from the moment we met Sebastian at the pier in Esperanza I new it was going to be fantastic. After a short dinghy ride to the Shalamar we met Paul the First mate. Paul was super nice and more than accommodating taking pictures of us and whipping up some really good rum punches. Once everyone was on board Sebastian gave us some safety tips and a very interesting history lesson on Shalamar. The real fun begins when you leave the harbor though. Sebastian will take you out to the swells where you can ride the waves on the bow pulpit and just absorb the blue water and the wind in your face. We then dropped anchor and swam/snorkeled for a bit after which we were treated to a wonderful lunch. All along plenty of rum punch and Medalla Light were provided. Sebastian, Paul and Shalamar were absolutely fantastic! The only regret was not booking the entire day! I'll save that for the return trip to Vieques! Also, swing by El Blok and catch Paul behind the bar, it was a pleasant surprise to see his face there later that day. Thanks guys for a great day!