“Amazing sailing experience ”

Vieques Classic Charter - Tours
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Esperanza
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail on a Classic Wooden Sailboat built in 1941 with highly experienced Captain Sebastian and sailing crew. Sail and swim off the boat in Vieques crystal, turquoise waters.Your charter Includes snorkelling and sightseeing as well as fresh catered meal and drinks. See Vieques from a different view while sailing on a yacht that is part of Sailing History.
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Captain Sebastian and first mate Paul made this day in Vieques one to remember. My girlfriend and I were welcomed onto the beautiful wooden sail boat Shalamar as the only 2 guests for the day. Sebastian and Paul made us feel welcome, at home, and safe on the sea. All of our needs were catered to as we sailed drink in hand, Sebastian even letting us captain the ship for a bit. We stopped at a secluded location to snorkel while lunch was prepared and ate a delicious meal under the Caribbean sun. The entire journey was spectacular from start to finish.

Captain Sebastian even went out of his way to return a GoPro accessory I had left on the boat, contacting me at the hotel I had told him we were staying at and returning it to me there.

If in Vieques, this is not something to pass up! Will recommend to anyone I know coming to this beautiful island!

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"every aspect"
"down to earth"

Reviewed 6 July 2017

When the weather canceled our original sail we were concerned it wouldn't happen but Captain Sebastian is a true pro and stayed in constant contact with us to make sure it did. And we are so glad it did. From the moment you meet Sebastian on the pier in Esperanza he is immediately warm and friendly and genuinely interested in finding out more about you and what he can do to make the sail perfect. If you are in a small group (like we were) he was also fantastic at finding common threads to build quick friendships.

Sebastian and First Mate Paul were wonderful, on our sail the experience level ranged from my sailboat loving husband to someone who was quick to queasy, he made sure everyone was accommodated. My husband loved sailing the beautiful Shalamar and Sebastian made sure no one got sick.

The rum punch Paul can make at a 30 degree angle is delicious and generous and Sebastian can make a fantastic lunch. There really was no way our trip could have been better and we feel like we made 6 new friends!

P.S. Captain Sebastian has some fantastic jokes.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This was the first time I have taken a half-day sailing charter, and Captain Sebastian and Paul have set the bar incredibly high. It was an amazing time, and when I next find myself on Vieques seeking out Captain Sebastian for a charter will definitely be at the top of my list. Every aspect of the day was top notch! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Captain Sebastian and Paul created a fantastic day for my fiancee and I! Every part of the experience exceeded our expectations. We were greeted at the dock by Sebastian and from that moment on the fun and adventure didn't stop. Sebastian and Paul have not only the sailing down to a science, but let you do as much or as little of the work as you would like. I was more than happy to take the wheel as we headed out to sea. Sebastian and Paul shared information about the extensive history of the boat and their favorite parts of Vieques. They are incredibly skilled at entertaining and being exceptional hosts. We felt that we could roam around the boat, were treated to home made lunch and delicious drinks, and the snorkeling and water time were phenomenal. As we sailed back towards the dock, we enjoyed stunning views of the ocean and the island. I would not hesitate to recommend this experience to anyone looking for a unique and first-rate experience on the water.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Sailing with Sebastian and Paul set a new bar for sailing charters. My wife Alexandra and I had a superb time aboard Shalamar, a lovely classic yacht with lots of history behind her. The entire experience, the sailing, conversation, snorkeling, lunch and rum punch were perfect. It is rare to find such a thoughtful and well executed charter operation as this one and I can't recommend it enough to anyone visiting Vieques.

Yawl41, Owner at Vieques Classic Charter - Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Wow! What a great review! Thank you both so much!