3,811 results
All reviews the banyan tree club level residential suite burger shack honolua store sushi restaurant terrace restaurant our honeymoon kapalua area four seasons dt fleming beach coastal trail plantation house general store lobby bar beautiful property pool staff
Reviewed October 18, 2016

Loved our view of the Pacific, Burial Grounds and the Pool. We were delighted to be placed in a suite with a great living room space to allow a quiet area for computer work. It was quite a hike to get to the lobby area but worth the walk to have this room. Beach area was very pretty, but again, quite a trek downhill and then uphill but of course that was easier the 2nd and 3rd time!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Reviewed October 18, 2016

5 star experience prior to check-in and throughout the entire experience. Best staff I have encountered in all of my hotel stays with over the top personalization. You will pay more but you will certainly get what you pay for at this Ritz.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This was our second stay at this resort and I write this review while enjoying happy hour at the Club Lounge. I have seen others write this but the lounge level is absolutely worth the extra cost. You can literally eat a full breakfast and lunch plus a light dinner in the lounge (although most evenings we just had drinks and sampled some appetizers). And by appetizers picture meat kabobs, cooked shrimp, ceviche, sliced deli meats, cheeses, crackers, rolls, crudités, and a mini salad bar. You literally will not go hungry.

Although 2 years ago on our first visit, the pool had shade via palm trees, they have since added large canopy style umbrellas and grass umbrellas around all 3 pools, plus an additional towel hut and bar at the middle adults only pool. The adult pool was never crowded and even though the kid friendly pools are only yards away, the pool area was very quiet. We never waited for pool side service and enjoyed lunch poolside on a few of the days.

Ritz just knows service and does it better than anyone else. From remembering your name, to your cocktail preference, to the attentive service, everything was 10 out of 10.

In all, I was expecting this stay to be as wonderful as our initial stay...it was even better.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice resort, but except for the 55in TV, which is not common in hotel rooms generally, we were left unimpressed. There is nothing special about this place aside from a nice welcome upon arrival. Unfortunately, the excitement it ended there for us. The hotel lacks atmosphere in general. The singer in the lobby will bore you to death (the hotel is adjacent to an ancient cemetery), and the sunset show consists of a lady blowing in a conch shell for 30 seconds. The hotel location, on the north side of the island, was cloudy, windy, and rainy during our visit, while other resorts not as remotely located were basking in the sun. Location problem? Everything is outrageously pricey, that is the only thing that we found "Ritzy". I would not recommend booking this hotel for a honeymoon personally. However, it may be a good choice for golf enthusiasts and family with kids. Unfortunately, the beach is also disappointing, and too far from the hotel to go and come back several times per day. Housekeeping service lacked direction and was unpredictable. The sleep quality did not work for us, and we did not sleep well the entire week. Overall however, it is a good hotel, just not exceptional, and we did not see that value for the published nightly regular price of a standard room.

Room Tip: Don't get carried away!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This place is not just a Hotel, but a complete resort. It has a beautiful pool, excellent grounds and very close to the beach. I traveled there with my 2 year old and husband and I was happy with the facilities for kids. They have a small play structure with a couple slides and some climbing structures. I was impressed with this as I have not seen it anywhere before. They also have a kiddie pool that my toddler loved. It was warm and he could stand up without the water getting to high on his chest. They also have lots of programs available for kids but min age is 5 so we did not get to participate.

The service in this hotel is excellent. You are greeted with a Lai and a nice tea beverage. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

The rooms are beautiful. We had an ocean view that partially looked aver the ocean and golf course. It was so relaxing to go out on the small balcony every morning while having coffee.

Overall I recommend this Hotel. It is a little pricey but the service is above what you get at the other hotels. If you are looking for excellent service and can afford it go here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family