US$809
US$445
US$239
US$232
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$259
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$256
US$229
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$321
US$305
  • Beachfront
Ka'anapali Beach Club(Maui)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$366
US$349
TripAdvisor
1,004 results
All reviewsgold villathe ritz carltonbay villagold ocean viewocean frontpineapple grillhonolua storeresort shuttleoneloa beachgolf courses areliving roomfull kitchenwasher and dryerdt fleming beachshuttle servicedaily resort feedish soap
Reviewed January 4, 2006

We stayed at the Golf Villas Unit 15-V-1 with our two young children (2 and 5 years old). This is a one bed-room unit looking out onto the golf course and ocean (in the distance).

What we liked:
1)They are good with details: detergents are provides so you can run your washing machine, dish washer, or simply just wash your dished in the sink
2)There are 1 and 1/2 bathroom in the unit, making it easy to have privacy; the shower was great, kids love playing in the shower
3)The unit was BIG. Kids have space to run around or hang out on the porch
4)Service was friendly - they say housekeeping is twice a week but they change towels everyday and if we put all our dishes in the washer they run it for us everyday!
5)Our drive to these great places take less than 2 minutes: the beautiful Kapalua beach, the exclusinve pools and beach in Ritz Carlton, Napili beach (very nice and full of people if you get a little lonely in the secluded villas), the serene Kapalua bay Hotel
6)All phone calls are free incuding long-distance

Here are a few reality checks:
1) The king bed was not as comfortable as those in upscale hotels (e.g.,regular hotel blanket rather than plush comforters)
2)The pool in the property is small - we just use the pools at Ritz
3)It is more secluded so if you like to see a lot of people and make friends with other travelers this might not be your kinda of place

Overall we thought this was a wonderful vacation spot for us. Next time we might check out Napili Kai Resort because it looks like a fun area wth more people to interact with and walking distance to the beach

Best reagards,
A traveler from California

• Stayed: December 2005
10  Thank nzhang94404
Reviewed December 4, 2005

We just got back from 5 nights at the Kapalua golf villas. We have been to Hawaii 6 times and this is our favorite place yet. The Kapalua community consists of 3 golf courses, use of 2 hotel pools and beaches, shuttle service, great restaurants and more. We chose the ocean view villa and it was great! The Ritz had a great pool and lawn games that the kids enjoyed like shuffleboard, mini golf and bochee(?) They have a shuttle to take you down to the beach where the waves are rough. My daughter broke her foot bodysurfing in the 8 foot waves. One day the beach was closed because of the conditions. Don't eat at the Ritz though. The hamburgers at the pool bar were $15 and a soda was $5. Thanksgiving buffet was $90 per person! The Plantation House and Pineapple Grill had great lunches. They are on the golf courses. Enjoyed the golf. You get a nice discount on green fees for staying there. There was daily maid service and they even gave you 2 boxes of Tide detergent for laundry daily. It was very nice to have the washer and dryer. We had 2 lanais in our villa. The main one was so large with chaise lounges and table and chairs. The community pools were close and peaceful. They had nice gas grills for your use. Next time I would grill a couple of nights. I would definitely return.

12  Thank KarenKearney
A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose
Reviewed November 30, 2005

I agree with several previous reviewers--it completely depends on the villa you
rent. We wanted ocean front, and the first unit we checked into (#21 G4)was
phenomenal, gorgeous upgrades, great views. Unfortunately, we found out our
second day that the unit above us was under construction, and rather than listen
to the hammering, sawing, and conversation of the work crew, we asked to be
moved to a new villa. The staff was more than accomodating and moved us that
day. To our dismay, the new unit was nothing like the first. Cheap and old
furnishings, bed like a brick (my lower back is still aching), no sliding doors
to lanai, overall not up to the $350/night price tag. Both units were very clean
and neat however, so no complaints there.

I would stay here again because the location is awesome, you have full use of
the amenities at the Ritz and Kapalua Bay Hotel, and the private beaches are
practically deserted in November. Just don't stay in Villa #20 G5. Request to
stay in Villa 21 G4 (the first villa we were in) and you will be more than
pleased.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 30, 2005

My wife and I reserved our Sept. 30 - Oct. 9 vacation in January of 05. We had talked about going to Hawaii since we met. We finally did it to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We could not have been more pleased. We chose the Villas for the value, proximity to the water (Oceanfront), and the fact that we are self-sufficient and do not need to be fawned over.

We were lucky enough to get the Villa used in the brochure photo. I actually got to speak to the owner when she phoned in during our visit. The Villa was decorated in a very simple, classy manner (mind you the decorations are done by the individual owner of the villa).

We were there too early for Whale watching, but based on the guest book in the villa, between November and April you can see them right from the villa. A school of Spinner Dolphins swam into the bay outside our villa and entertained all of us that were outside.

The service at Kapalua is first-rate. I saw a previous review completely ripping Kapalua and just want to say that I don't know what type of treatment some people expect or are used to, but the folks at Kapalua couldn't be nicer.

The only warning I have is DO NOT use Microsoft Streets and Trips for directions to Kapalua from the airport. The program had me take the UNPAVED, VIRTUALLY ONE LANE, TWO-WAY road on the northern tip of the island. This was highly dangerous, and I later found out will void your rental car contract. Take the road going south out of the airport and around the south end. It is longer in mileage, but will take you half the time (and not take so many years off of your life).

I heard the people that checked in next to us complain about their villa. In fact they left and demanded another (I have no idea what happened) but from what I understand, Kapalua will give you another Villa if you are not satisfied.

The food, golf and overall atmosphere were terrific. Our villa was inded a home for us for the 10 days we were there. That made our vacation unforgettable!

• Stayed: October 2005
19  Thank srebo70
A TripAdvisor Member
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed November 7, 2005

My wife and I went to Kapalua to celebrate out 25th Wedding Anniversary. I was a little hesitant about reserving a villa but that quickly changed. From the moment we arrived we were very pleased with everything. The condo was beautiful!! It was upgraded to everything you needed and looked fabulous. The view was superb and the people were very friendly and accomodating. My wife and I played golf on all three of the championship courses where the scenic views were unbelievable. We used the Kapalua Bay beach all the time and the snorkeling was great. The restrauants were excellent and the on-site grocery store was very good. It had everything you would need when talking about staple items, sunblock, souvenirs etc. The grounds were landscaped and kept up beautifully. Even though Kapalua is the northwestern most resort on the island it was still only 15 - 20 minutes from Lahaina. Overall, it was a fantastic experience / vacation / anniversary and if we do ever get a chance to go to Maui again I would definitley stay at the Kapalua Villas.

• Stayed: October 2005