Our family of 4 (2 adults, 5 and 9 year old), recently spent 5 days at Villa Sayang. We loved that it was a bit away from everything, deep in the rice paddies with beautiful views of the mountains, however some may find it a bit out of the way, about 15 - 20 min car journey from the main Beach / tourist area.
We virtually had the whole place to ourselves which was lovely. This place felt much more like a home stay than a hotel and expectations should be adjusted as such. The staff were just lovely and very keen to assist but to be honest, apart from the manager service was friendly and earnest but a little lacking in initiative and was often very slow, particularly in anything related to food and beverage. Having said that, they were all so nice, even getting a special Birthday cake for our son who turned 9 while there. And their homemade jam was brilliant! Just allow a lot of time and planning if you want to eat there otherwise the menu is very restricted and it can take a long time to get food.
If you are looking for a very private kind of place within beautiful gardens in a lovely, quiet (apart from the ever present background sound of the call to prayer which I found quite nice but others may not, especially at 4.45 am) part of Lombok with friendly but not too on top of it service, this place is great. We stayed in the two bedroom villa which was huge, if a little dated and I think good value for money. It was set away from the road and I can see that some of the villa's closer could be a bit noisy.
As much as I appreciated efforts made, in reality this place feels a little bit like it might be on the downward slope. I hope that maybe some changes can be made to improve service a bit, make it a bit more professional, spruce up the rooms a bit and get going again a bit more. I has obviously been a labour of love.
Last thing - don't go to the BBQ seafood place on the beach recommended by everyone, it's awful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the rice fields of Sayang-sayang and facing the spectacular Mt. Rinjani mountain range, Villa Sayang is a shangri-la of peace tranquility nestling into its own piece of hidden Lombok magic. With its villas meticulously designed to blend in with the natural surroundings, a relaxing escape is guaranteed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Sayang Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sayang Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Villa Sayang Boutique Hotel Lingsar