“Fantastic ”
Review of M Bar

M Bar
Ranked #53 of 802 Restaurants in Mystic Country
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

M Bar is simply one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I am a huge breakfast sandwich fan and have had them literally all over the world. Being from NYC I thought I could never find a better breakfast sandy and man was I wrong. First of all the restaurant is located in a super cool old gas station with gorgeous decor - it's like industrial meets rustic meets glam. It also has a gorgeous outdoor patio that was extremely dog friendly. We sat outside and honestly the ambience and food is so good you don't even notice the cars driving by (by no means are you right by the street but you can see cars beyond the station). I ordered the egg sandwich which comes with tomato remoulade, cheese and bacon - being vegetarian I subbed avocado for the bacon and was not disappointed. It was out of this world - fresh, quality ingredients, toasty buttery bread. I could have had three of them. My father ordered the breakfast burrito and raved about it and his fresh orange juice. We also split the breakfast potatoes which were spiced so well and served on a bed of onions and a BBQ-like sauce. The servers and manager are so friendly, helpful and quick - they made it a real pleasure to dine there. I cannot say enough nice things about M Bar but I will say one more - the Turbo iced coffee is excellent. I took one to-go and it charged me right up. We will be going back tomorrow for another hearty breakfast!!

There are newer reviews for M Bar

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Been interested in trying Merrily's new spot, M bar, which was once a Marathon gas station in Mystic. Knowing how fabulous her Vineyard transformation of an old airport was, I knew the decor would be fascinating, and it is. The garage bays open to an outside eating area where in the evenings clients can sit around a fire pit. Artwork on the walls seem to be remnants from the garage itself. Metal seating at both high tables and low fit the space beautifully, and even the bathroom has been partly renovated, but partly still has that fifties Route 66 bathroom feel. And we loved the music! Sixties Detroit Motown fit right in with the auto theme.

The menu was intriguing, and I ordered the chopped BLT, which was a fabulous mix of bacon, tomato, and basil all chopped up looking like a Lobster roll. A couple seated near us had the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich which also looked good. My husband ordered the (local, grass fed) burger which he thought was delicious. But the extra $2 for the french fries instead of potato salad seemed a bit silly. Overall, $30 for lunch + tip is pretty typical for Mystic.

Wine list is extensive with selections from local Saltwater Vineyard, as well as microbrews and bourbons. We opted for regular drip coffee, since it was only 1 pm, and after all, it's a coffee AND wine bar. Unfortunately this was a mistake, as we both felt the coffee tasted burnt like it had been sitting on the burner for over an hour. My husband did try a 2nd cup and it came back cold.

I'd go back -- my guess is coffee is more fresh at breakfast -- and wine at dinner would suit me fine!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We visited Mystic for three days to attend The Wooden Boat Show at Mystic Seaport....and exhibit the wooden boat I recently built.

Saw MABR driving through town and on our second morning decided to try their breakfast. We were the first customers of the morning and once parked and inside this refurbished gas station, we realized that we had found a very special place. The service was friendly, the menu is short, but the choices were all contemporary takes on traditional breakfast items. We split an apricot scone while waiting with coffee and tea, and it was better than any we'd ever had in the US and on par with many we've eaten in Ireland!! I had a "simple" egg sandwich on perfectly grilled toast and my wife had a delicious quiche. The lunch and dinner menus looked even better and we're returning for a second helping this am. Do try this place, it is very special and very good.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

Wanted to try this place since it is associated with Saltwater winery. The location is a converted open air gas station, the doors open to make the interior which is dark, very airy. We sat outside, I had a nice rose' wine and my friend had a martini, both very good. we had the tomato soup and grilled cheese, which was tasty and comforting and the veggie lasagna with a side of arugula. Keep in mind this is tapas style so the servings are small, but for lunch it is all you need. I really enjoyed the food, drink and atmosphere, the service was very good also.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Old converted gas station serving eclectic meals. Look at website menu. We stopped for breakfast. Ruby red grapefruit brûlée. Half a grapefruit with brown sugar broiled. Muffins are delicious. House made smoked salmon mouse on bagel. Bacon the is thick and crispy.
Music is 50's and 60's fair and just seemed to fit with sitting in garage bay.
Big cups of coffee and tea.

Big Metallic chairs squeak when moved. Would be my only con but heat they fit the look of the converted garage.

I wish I had found this earlier in the week. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. A must stop while here in mystic. You will not be disappointed