1,134 results
All reviews jacuzzi bath the hotel car park granary bar ambassador suite bus station bar food first class old mill lovely hotel leisure facilities carvery lunch couldn't do enough steak wedding reception few drinks an overnight stay enjoyable stay
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

What a lively place.. relaxed.. clean, and the staff are so efficient and attentive...had to leave early due to family reasons..but nothing was a trouble to the receptionist, she was sympathetic and extremely helpful, breakfast was relaxed and well prepared, without a shadow of a doubt I'd stay there again...well done!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
CCHGM, Marketing Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear Moira H,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that you had to leave early but I am pleased that you received high-class hospitality and that you enjoyed our breakfast. We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

If you are over 70 and like oversized 90's furniture and overpriced drinks and artificial grass this is the hotel and spa for you. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast filling but don't expect anything tasteful. 80's axminsters are everywhere.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Kazzamama,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed the hospitality of our staff and your breakfast. Our hotel is popular with guests of all ages and our drinks are priced in accordance with other hotels in the area. We cannot account for personal tastes in architecture; we always try to innovate whilst staying true to the traditional luxury ambiance of renowned hotels of old.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife live abroad and get a rare break away together when we visit home. We have returned to the canal court this year based on our stay last year.

The price was fine and food very good as was the spa and room etc.

It was the service that stood out for me. From the receptionists who seemed genuinely pleased to see you at check in to catering staff who were efficient while keeping a distance when not required.

We arrived at 13:00 with a check in at 15:00. No problem we could leave the bags securely at reception. The receptionist even checked to see if the room had been cleaned and as it was we were in our room at 13:05. Great service just for checking.

We stay in a lot of hotels each year and my 3 stays in the canal court have been the best based o. How we were treated throughout our stay.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. Wonderful staff who seem to really understand their job.

Cormac

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cormac896

Dear Cormac,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We pride ourselves on our skilled staff and the hospitality that they offer. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and that our facilities were to your satisfaction. I will ensure that your comments are circulated to our staff.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Came for a birthday dinner and ordered the salmon, biggest mistake! Horribly bland, no flavour at all! At it costing over £20 I expected far more than that. What a waste of money, definitely would not recommend this.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank laurajones2018

Dear laurajones2018

Thank you for your review. Our fish and, indeed, all our dishes are locally sourced and we pride ourselves on our high quality. Therefore, I am disappointed that you feel that your salmon dish did not meet our expected standards. Your review does not indicate whether you spoke to a manager on the evening. Please email pmckerr@canalcourthotel.com with the date of your meal so that I can investigate this further.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Have been to this hotel many times for functions; meals etc and again visited lately to have a bar snack ordered our meal and asked for 2 small bottles of wine the Quarter size to be told they were no longer doing them and wine was now being sold by the glass so ordered 2 glasses.On asking for my bill found I was charged £5-50 for the white wine and £5-30 for red wine and the glasses were not a lot in them it was both MC Guigan wines we were given and I recon on the size of the glass of wine we got u could get seven glasses out of one bottle:so doing the sums you are getting charged £35 to £40 for a bottle of wine that costs £10 -£12 in good wine shop. So come on management let’s not rip us off completely .We may have to consider our options in future as I would pay these prices.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends