We stopped here for lunch to break up a long journey, remembering it from a visit about ten years ago. What a great decision! We had a fabulous time, the hotel has extremely high standards in all areas but without a trace of stuffiness - a very relaxing atmosphere. The menu for light meals and snacks is excellent, we had a steak sandwich and a chicken and avocado sandwich - both were fantastic for size, taste and value. We ate in the lounge area which was comfortable with great decor. The drinks menu was also excellent, and my freshly made virgin mule (ginger beer, lime and mint) was the perfect reviver. The wine of course is the star here - we enjoyed browsing the wine shop, tasting some of the current month's offerings and buying a couple of bottles to take home. The coffee and home made biscotti is also perfectly made. All of the staff were friendly and efficient and added to the great atmosphere. Overall this is a place that gets everything right, and our only regret as food and wine lovers is not living closer so we can visit every week! Thank you for lifting our spirits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A handsome, ivy-clad 18th century building, once a private bank, overlooking the River Ouse and yet right on the edge of the town centre. Its atmosphere balances that of a boutique townhouse hotel and a bustling, relaxed, traditional inn. 24 beautiful air-conditioned bedrooms with luxurious bathrooms. Fine but informal restaurant, twice winner of AA award for best wine list in the UK. Also wine shop with 'enomatic' tasting machines, bar with real ales, and free wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Old Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Bridge Hotel Huntingdon
- Old Bridge Huntingdon
- Old Bridge Hotel Huntingdon
- The Old Bridge Huntingdon, UK - England