All reviews elm tree public car park recommend this b b to anyone fresh milk bed was very comfortable guest house set us up for the day excellent location stay there again full english breakfast embsay yorkshire hosts wedding
Reviewed September 16, 2016

Embsay is a few miles outside Skipton. Rockwood House is a real find and we were treated and treated very hospitable. My room was en suite, clean and very comfortable with tea making facility and a small tv. Breakfast was excellent and set us up for the day. The only draw back was that my room was at the front of the house and having the window open proved to be quite noisy from traffic from approx 06.00am. It was a minor thing to what was otherwise a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

We arrived very late on our first night. The owner could not have been more helpful. She stayed up to greet us, provided tea, and assisted us in getting our many bags and cases in.

The room was clean and very well presented. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was very good too. I liked the tea pot in the room.

The shower room is compact, but everything works well and is in good order. The electric shower is of good quality and has good pressure.

Nothing is perfect and here there is very little to cause complaint here. I can see from other reviews that some don't like the small cups, and the lack of a power point by the only mirror that doesn't steam up, we didn't like the rather small towels, but these are trivial matters and didn't spoil a very good stay. In any case they provide a very good heated towel rail!

I cannot understand previous comments about the lack of warmth from our hosts. They have been most welcoming and we thank them for our excellent stay.

Would we come again? Absolutely. It is a perfectly good and reasonably priced, comfortable place to stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Stayed 30th & 31st July. On arrival received a warm & friendly greeting at this homely B&B. The double bedroom we were shown to on the first floor had views of open countryside to the front of the property, the bedroom was very clean which was reflected throughout the premises. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of storage for clothes etc., the shower room was comfortable but usable. Plenty of choice at breakfast time toast, cereal, full English, the kitchen used for preparing & cooking was very clean. Free car parking opposite. Run by a very friendly couple. I would certainly use the B&B again if I needed accommodation in this area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2015 via mobile

I love this cosy b n b. It's just about a mile from Skipton.
Beautiful twin room I stayed in with ensuite bathroom. My room was at the front on the ground floor. I have insomnia usually, but it is so peaceful here, I've had 3 of the best nights sleep ever!
Great breakfast provided. Choices of cereals, juices and a delicious cooked breakfast. Really enjoyed my stay here. Everything so clean and Jean is a friendly host.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed October 13, 2015

Stayed for two nights and can not give this bed and breakfast enough praise.we had the large double room and the view from the room over the countryside is spectacular .we were made to feel extremely welcome on our arrival.the room was very clean,well presented and the bed was very comfortable ,refreshments were available in the room,full English breakfast was freshly cooked with cereal,toast yoghurt and fresh fruit also available.the hosts were very knowledgable about the local area ,and gave us great tips which resulted in a great sight seeing day out. Cannot recommend high enough and would not hesitate to stay again when we are back in this area.

Room Tip: Our room on the front was excellent
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple