All reviews car park mini fridge narrow entrance excellent hotel secure parking co op lovely bathroom king street executive room comfortable hotel large car stay there again centre of town visit carmarthen good size railway station central location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Travelling more and more for work, so I need a ‘safe’ haven and this hotel was great. The welcome was warm, the car park entrance was narrow but my Vauxhall Mokka X navigated it perfectly. No evening meal available, but a superb Indian restaurant across the road from the car park called Ginger, so no issues there. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. There is a bar for residents, small but very cosy. I will definitely be staying there again on my ne t visit to the area. Bedroom was large with a modern shower unit in the en suite. A very good experience after the previous week where I paid £130 for room only at the Castle Hotel in Aberystwyth.

Room Tip: Great value
  • Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business
spilmanhotel, Manager at Spilman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are extremely happy to read your excellent review. We strive to give customers an enjoyable stay and we are happy to see that this has been achieved.

Thank you very much again for staying with us, and we look forward to see you again soon :)

Spilman Hotel Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Liked: Friendly and helpful staff. Modern and clean. Very comfortable bed. Quiet room. Car parking facilities. Centre of town - near to the Castle. Fast wi-fi.
Disliked: Pop music with my breakfast. Plastic containers of Hartley's jam. Commercial sliced bread.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are extremely happy to have met your expectations.
Apologies if you did not like the music during breakfast, unfortunately it is out of our control the songs that are played on the radio. We use Hartley's jam portions (individually packed)as you correctly mentioned, is there another brand that you recommend? We are always open to suggestions.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon :)

Spilman Hotel Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent hotel, situated right in the heart of the lively town of Carmarthen in West Wales. We had a weekend 3 night stay. Rooms were clean. Breakfasts were superb. Staff very friendly, especially the male receptionist.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind review. We really hope to see you again in the future :)

Ivo and the Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The duty manager, Ivo, couldn't have been more helpful and understanding when, at 0400 my wife was taken ill resulting in an Ambulance attending. Later in the morning I returned to the hotel to clear our room and as it was well after breakfast hours, Ivo and his assistant still offered me breakfast. I can't recommend enough the hotel and staff. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
spilmanhotel, Manager at Spilman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you again so much you kind review, I am glad I could help. Was lovely to meet you both and I really hope your wife is home and well by the time your reading this reply. We thank you for staying with us and hopefully we will see you again in the future. All the very best for your lovely wife.

Many thanks Ivo and the Team :)

Reviewed November 1, 2018

Just had 4 nights here visiting a sick relative.The staff were so freindly and helpfull - they were bril (especially the young portugese fellow and his good wife).

Rooms were good and very clean.Great position .

Breakfast was lovely.

Will def visit again.

Many thanks

Phil

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank 785phil

Thank you so much for your kind review.
We are extremely happy to have met your expectations, it was a pleasure to meet you.
I hope your uncle and daughter are well by the time your reading this response. Please wish them a speedy recovery and we hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes :)