All reviewswonderful horsesfeel at homeprevious visitsexperienced ridersbeautiful countrysidewonderful weekroast potatoeslasting friendshipsother guestshome cookingsconesgorgeous foodgreat careamazing holidayoff roadlying downspecial thanks
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Just got back from a lovely 3 day break - gorgeous horses, beautiful scenery, faultless hospitality.
The food was healthy and hearty, just what you needed after 5 hours out riding - I have never seen such a clean, tidy yard and happy much loved horses - can't wait to come back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Caeiago, Owner at Caeiago Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you for your kind comments Brigitte and it was lovely to meet you and so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.xx

Reviewed September 14, 2016

This was my first visit to Cae Iago and I shall definitely be going back. The whole experience is fantastic. The horses are well schooled and genuine, they will do what you ask them to do and provide a great ride. The horses are very well looked after and the yard, tack room etc is the cleanest I have ever seen !. The scenery and countryside are beautiful. The food provided is fantastic, tasty, home cooking - and there is always plenty on offer. The farmhouse is also as immaculate as the yard !.
Lesley and Roddy are great hosts, nothing is too much effort and they make you feel truly welcome - Cae Iago will definitely become a 'home from home' and I look forward to plenty more visits.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

I've just finished a wonderful 5 days at Cae Iago. I'm a pretty new rider but felt safe and looked after throughout. A warm welcome and delicious home cooked food in between the rides around the beautiful countryside. Thank you to everyone who looked after me so well - Lesley, Roddy, Nina and Charlie (and Ffion!). I hope to visit again before long...

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2016

A friend and I (both experienced horse riders) have reluctantly just returned from a three day break at Caeiago and cannot recommend it highly enough - if it weren't for work commitments we would happily have asked to extend our stay.

From the minute we drove into the yard til we left we were looked after by the amazing Lesley, Roddy, Charlie and NIna. We were made to feel at home and nothing was too much trouble.

The horses are outstanding - I rode 3 different horses during my stay and all three were steady yet forward going and will give confidence to even the newest of riders.The rides were amazing and views breath-taking.

Do not eat for a week before you go because Lesley's cooking is delicious and tasty and there is plenty of food - you will not be hungry.

The accommodation was spotless and comfortable. I have never seen such a clean yard - you could eat your dinner alongside the horses!

You will not regret booking a break at Caeiago.

Room Tip: There are no faults - just go
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2016

After our first time at Caeiago last year, we returned for a similar, though sadly shorter, trip this year. My husband went off to the library archives again, whilst I went out for rides. Once again, everyone was very friendly and helpful. If you are interested in the area, Charlie knows just about everything there is to know! We had a great time chatting (and me learning) about kites and buzzards and forestry and who lived where, etc., as we rode to and from the lake.

P.S. Sorry Ffion, but Jenna is my new favourite - beautiful canter!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple