All reviews wonderful horses feel at home previous visits experienced riders beautiful countryside wonderful week roast potatoes lasting friendships other guests home cooking scones gorgeous food great care amazing holiday off road lying down special thanks
Reviewed June 25, 2017

Just home from a fantastic trip to Wales riding and hiking in the beautiful countryside. I was a little worried about trying to organize a trip like this from the US (I live in Florida), particularly since I only had a week, but Lesley was so kind and really made everything easy from the outset. She answered all my queries promptly and was really flexible about our arrival/departure times. The whole trip was set up by email. We flew into Heathrow and were picked up by a long distance taxi I had booked on the internet the week before. The train is another option and normally my preference, but we were short on time and the taxi took us door to door in under 4 hours. Should you elect to take the train, Caeiago will collect you and drop you off at LLandovery, the nearest station, about 30 min away. Right from the moment we arrived we were given a warm welcome. The room was comfortable even in what was a veritable heat wave for Wales, with views of the gorgeous countryside and overlooking paddocks of lovely horses. Delicious meals were prepared by Lesley (the hardest working woman in Wales??) and held family style in the big dining room downstairs. Lesley and Charlie asked about riding experience on the first night and matched me with 3 fantastic horses, Ozzie, Pebbles and best for last Sultan, a stout Gypsy cob as handsome as he was good natured. I work long hours in a hospital and don't get to ride as much as I'd like, but the horses were so well mannered and the guides Nina and Charlie so attentive any anxiety I had was soon allayed, even when going for a canter up a steep hillside. We really enjoyed meeting the other guests and borrowing the dogs Bella and Dora for a stroll after dinner every night. My non-riding partner had a great time hiking and found his way to the local pub down the road (and to Charlie's house, when the pub was closed:-) All in all, a totally relaxing stay and one I intend to repeat.

--Elizabeth Benson MD

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Caeiago, Owner at Caeiago Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2017

Thank you so very much.x

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

Fabulous weekend. I last visited Caeiago in 1991 when after a few years riding there I bought a horse from Charlie. Sadly, my horse passed away aged 29 and so I headed back with friends for a weekend riding. Still as great as it ever was. Lesley makes you so welcome, it's a real home from home with super home cooked meals. Charlie and Nina lead the rides and make sure everyone enjoys the riding and beautiful Welsh scenery. Thanks to the whole team we will be back again very soon.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Just back from a lovely week at Caeiago, our second visit this year. :-) We have been coming here for over ten years and really enjoy the friendliness of the staff and have made lasting friendships with other clients. The super meals provided by Les were great as usual. The rides were led by Nina and Charlie, and Lucy came with us on one trip. This year has been even more fun than usual as some new routes have been added and we have been able see even more of the lovely Welsh countryside. It makes all the work in the riding lessons at home even more worthwhile when you can put it to practice like this. An excellent break- more booked in for later this year!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2017

This was my 6th visit to Caeiago. Every time I go there it is with a feeling of homecoming. Lesley is perfect hostess and is always ready to greet one with a big smile and plenty of home cooked fare. Everyone looks forward to her meals which are traditional. People with special diets are also catered for. The rooms are all on the same pattern and are simple, functional and comfortable. The place goes from strength to strength. This time the lead riders were Charlie, Leslie's Father, who belies his years and seems indestructible. He thinks nothing of spending days on end in the saddle and getting off and on at times to open and shut gates. He also manages to cram in a number of other activities. Nina has been there for quite a time now and is cheerful, bubbly and always attentive. Lucy is fairly new but is equally helpful and cheerful. This means that rides are tailored to suit those on it with special attention being paid to those who might have strained a muscle or two. No-one ever feels left out. The two girls on the yard and in the house are excellent. Adrienn is from Hungary and loves working both inside and out. Sophie is English and is just great. The dogs, Bella and Dora, are a permanent fixture. They were given tow longish walks by us morning and evening and love going round. Bella enjoys a dip in the stream going after sticks. Boris is a new addition and was found as a stray. He is a lovely cat. Nina has been finding new ways of going to the various places. The Lake Ride is a bit special now has it is mainly off road and leads on through an enchanted forest.... We had many canters going there and back. The horses are well prepared and Lesley and Roddy make sure that each rider is given an appropriate mount. Some of the horses have been there for a long time but still retain a zest for life and are forward going. Younger ones are introduced each year but before the paying guests are allowed to ride them they are thoroughly sussed out by Nina, Lucy etc... The large barn is airy and comfortable for the horses so much so that they are very often to be found at full stretch lying down! I throughly recommend this place too and cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: All are similar.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2017

I was thrilled to find that the horses were as willing and well mannered as I remembered from 12 years ago!!! The yard, tack etc were immaculate, rides safe and breathtaking, rooms/beds clean and comfortable, and the food fresh and delicious. Lesley, Charlie and staff ensure that the whole experience is a delight. Special thanks to Nina for leading rides, photos and bird identification. The consistently high standard is a tribute to hard work and commitment. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank eagolding
Caeiago, Owner at Caeiago Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review and it was great having you back with us again after so long...