“Good food, slow service”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #40 of 148 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

We went for a family lunch after watching a film at the vue cinema. The food was good, the staff were friendly, but there were simply not enough of them. To be fair this is no different from the other restauarant chains being run by accountants, but I am not going back to spend over an hour and a half lunching.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Had a very nice family birthday meal here. Everyone's food was great. I had bruschetta starter then Diavlo thin crust pizza, both of which were very tasty.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Visited pizza express for a birthday treat .five adults and six children under ten years of age. Was greeted promptly and shown to table by staff .all the children given pens and booklets to draw in while us adults looked at the menu,s. The staff were excellent and made use feel at home. Great with the grandchildren .I was very surprised how nice the pollo chicken pizza tasted and really enjoyed the bruschetta starter. All of us really enjoyed the freshly cooked food no waste with the grandchildren (makes a change).
The evening was topped off with the staff bringing the birthday cake out candles alight.
BIG well done to all the staff.we had a lovely evening.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We visited this Pizza Express after spending the afternoon at The National Botanical Gardens which is not far from the Restaurant. Carmarthen is beautiful and it was nice to drive around and know it better!

We called in advance to ask whether we could use our Clubcard Points here and spoke with a Young Man who was very friendly and knowledgeable, even to the extent of recommending what to see when we went to the Botanical Gardens.

When we arrived, I was on my Mobility Scooter (something which is still VERY new to me!) and I felt very exposed as it is considerably different than dining in my Wheelchair. I typically find my Chair more comfortable to stay in than to get into any chair provided but on this occasion I had to. The staff were so considerate and asked what support I needed and even stored the Scooter for us during our meal.

We ordered Dough Balls to start which came quickly (and were delicious!), Leggera Pizzas which are always tasty but light and shared the Salted Caramel Cake after with hot drinks. It was INCREDIBLY cold that day and I had caught a chill at the Gardens. After having some deliciously hot food and drink, I was feeling much better (and warmer!).

We were able to pay with Tesco Vouchers (apart from drinks which we were informed of in advance) which enabled us to eat out. The staff were so friendly, helping us to use facilities, retrieving my scooter and standing in the cold to hold the door open for us as we left.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we are looking forward to returning in the Summer with a Larger Group.

Thank You all for the attentive and friendly service, we highly recommend you :)

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Had a great t8me here, great for meat lovers and vegans ! Usually hard to find a place that would accommodate for both, but these guys sorted it !

1  Thank rkbd123