All reviews the pub charges apply pay and display top floor large shower welsh breakfast generous portions next morning excellent shower pleasant staff comfortable beds tea and coffee making facilities public car park shower room beef lovely room each morning
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We called in for lunch (3 adults) and were not disappointed. The place was clean and presentable, and the eating area is light and airy with a canopy-covered external are as well; the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was reasonably priced, and the portions were generous and delicious. The steak and ale pie was home made with top quality meat, and a boat of gravy was brought with it; there is also a good selection of drinks at the bar. We will make a beeline for this place on our next visit to the town without hesitation.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I normally suggest this pub to people for Sunday lunch. We went for the first time in ages and were not at all impressed with the food, added to which a sugar-hyped child ran around screaming for nearly an hour. The quality of the meal varied from good to poor and it made us wonder if there had been a change of chef.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Just had the Titanic breakfast which was amazing. Good food and very friendly staff who look after us well. Large selection of drinks and the coffee's even came with a free Welsh cake. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2018

My hubby and i have been to lots of places for Sunday lunch and I am happy to say that The Rose and Crown ranks highly on our list of reccomandations . Rather that quening for a carvery Roast lunch it was served to the table. The beef was tasty and succulent and there was a delicious variety of seasonal vegetables in a sectioned dish. I also like the way the stuffing was put in the yorkshire pudding. After evaluating its quality I say it preferred the meal here to other places in town. The waiting staff were attentive and pleasant. We definately be back.

Room tip: We only visited for Sunday lunch so cant comment from the rooms.
Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I quite liked the venue as we had drinks in the bar...the lady at the bar was a bit mean.
I would go as far to say as she shouldn’t be customer facing, if you do not like your job...do something else.
We have spent a small fortune & she was very rude & disappointed that we turned up.
I did see the jukebox turned off as I went to put some money in, we are great singers being welsh & very well behaved for a group of fellas.
I have to mention how good the chips were, this is why I scored it at 2 stars. Such a shame really...I am such a lovely chap & this pains me to say but she failed to ruin our drinking celebration!
Turn that frown upside down my love! & all I will say is...if you don’t like your way of life & career you selected, do something else.
Great chips though!!