“gala ball 2011/2012”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“gala ball 2011/2012”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

A brilliant evening many thanks to Stephen and all his team our stay was warm, comfortable and very pleasant staff could not have done enough for us. We will definately be back and reccommend to friends as well. Happy new year to all the staff - you desere it !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Maureen, thank you for your kind words of praise. It was a pleasure to be of service and create a happy lasting memory. We look forward to welcoming you back, throughout the year and for New Year's Eve 2012/13.

Regards and best wishes, from all at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2011

i was at my friends wedding on wednesday in your hotel , i found your bar staff first class the rooms clean and comfortable but the biggest let down was your function manager he is not only rude but so un professional it lets your whole team down . the man is not an assest to your buisness . As im in the progress of booking my own wedding i only hope that my day isn't spoilt by a man like this, he has definately put me off your hotel. Maybe you could send him on a cpourse ???? you really need to do something as he is letting your hotel down badly :{

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank bronagh h
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2012
Dear Bronagh h,

thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. We sincerely appreciate your compliments and critique, actioning both with equal measure.

Additionally, we wish you and your partner every happiness in the run up to your special day, and beyond.

Sincerely, from all at the hotel.
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Me and my husband got married here on the 1st September 2011. We have to say we could not fault anything at all, the service was fantastic and our wedding co ordinator Claire who organised everything for us stayed until the very end to make sure everything ran smoothly for us, she didn't have to do this as it was her last day working for the clarion.
My sisters and I stayed in the clarion the previous evening so there was no rushing about on the big day, the clarion let us keep our room for the whole day to keep our stuff in and also the following night which was very kind of them, my mum and dad were able to stay in here.
They didn't let us do a thing and put everything in their own hands to make sure me and my husband were not stressed about anything, there was a mix up with the tables and it was fixed right away!
We would definitely recommend either staying here and for getting married, they can't do enough for you.
We would just like to say that they made our day very special and our guests enjoyed themselves so much they are still talking about it.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Julie Anne,

We are deligthed that you had such a great day and are priviledged to have been allowed to play our small part in such a special occasion.

We thank you for your kind words and look forward to seeing you both again, in the not too distant future.

Best wishes from all at the hotel.
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My family and myself all went to the Clarion for the Christmas break. I was a bit concerned as we had never went away for the holiday before.

The food in the carvery on both days was excellent, my goodness you had the choice of so much. Eat until you drop.

Music on Christmas Day and Night and Music on Boxing Day which was excellent.

The Manager in the carvery room is a great ambassador for the hotel and keeps everyone entertained and has time for everybody even for the children.

So thank you Clarion staff for a great Christmas break from the Stewart Family.

Room Tip: Executive rooms excellent
Dear Olivia1845,

Thank you very much for your kind words of praise and encouragement. We are delighted you had an enjoyable time and that you paid us the greatest compliment in sharing your thoughts with future guests. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to David, who oversaw the Carvery on both Christmas and Boxing Day.

Until we meet again, best wishes and Happy New Year.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2011

So I've stayed here years ago when it was I believe the Quality Hotel. I found it much improved since then. Given some of the other comments I approached the occasion with some trepidation.

So I grew up in Carrick many years ago, left for London and eventually a major US city. Parents have long since passed but I still visit various relatives in Carrick many in their 80s. This trip we figured we’d spare them and us the trauma since my wife’s parents are in Dublin and it’s only a whistle stop tour in NI.

My basis for comparison would be, when I’m paying and not my employer Hilton, Marriot etc.,
So service was polite and efficient, rooms were clean, food was good, rates were reasonable. Situation was good for access to Carrick and I highly recommend the Indian Ocean, if you are used to British Indian food (one thing from London I truly miss). The view from the room was the decaying Courtaulds factory site where my father had worked for 27 years. Well, may I ask what you were hoping to see out of a Carrickfergus hotel bedroom-window? Sidney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest? sweeping majestically?....

I imagine as part of a larger chain staff are actually trained in correct service and follow on questions without forcing me to prompt them. Overall service standards in Ireland overall are definitely on the up.

Would stay there again, and probably will, as would my wife.

Dear Ray M,

thank you for choosing to stay at the Clarion Hotel Carrickfergus. Your kind praise and recognition of our efforts for continued improvement are much appreciated.

As Northern Ireland's Tourism industry embraces it's opportunity to play upon the world's stage as a destination of choice, we all strive to meet the expectations of the global traveller. Your shared opinion of our ability to perform, fills us with pride and encouragement.

We trust that your time 'back home' was enjoyable and we look forward to the opportunity to be of service again.

Sincerely and with best wishes, from all at the hotel.
Reviewed 16 December 2011

My wedding was on 15th December and I can truly say I had the perfect day, from Ann who helped us organise everything and nothing was ever too much hassle, to David who was just brilliant and from keeping everything running smoothly to entertaing the children, and to all the staff from the reception to the bar staff to the waiters, chef And Stephen for being a great help and nothing was too much trouble. There is not one fault I could find or say about the clarion, and if you are looking for the perfect wedding day you couldn't find a better hotel or team of staff to help you, I am already looking forward to returning on my anniversary.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Thank you Bronagh. Again congratulations to you and Stephen. We all had a thoroughly enjoyable day and were delighted to contribute in small part to the happy memories of your special day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes from all at the Clarion Carrickfergus.
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Myself and my bridesmaids stayed the night before the wedding and had a fantastic meal with some fabulous red wine as recommended by Gunnar in Red Pepper restaurant. The day itself was superb. Lily had everything organised for us and Dave kept the day running very smoothly. All staff from reception to waiting staff to Dave and Lily were friendly, warm and very professional. Nothing was too much trouble and they helped to make our day fantastic. We want to say a huge thank you to all of them and to wholeheartedly recommend the Clarion as a wedding venue. The only disappointment was that the piano we had requested for our young cousin to play for guests arriving was broken.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Dear Puerto-Babe,

again congratulations to you and your husband. Thank you for your kind praise and thank you for choosing the Clarion Carrickfergus for your wedding venue. We ourselves thoroughly enjoyed being a part of your special day. We are sorry for the challenge regarding the piano and while we have rectified the matter for the future, we will contact you upon your return from honeymoon.

In the meantime, best wishes from all at the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
0.8 km away
21.2 km away
Ballygally Castle
Ballygally Castle
#1 of 1 in Ballygally

Been to Loughshore Hotel? Share your experiences!