“Fabulous carvery”
Review of Loughshore Hotel

Loughshore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Carrickfergus
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Best carvery in the country staff helpful and friendly . the selection and quality of the food dishes was unbelievable, I would recommend this restaurant to any one without hesitation

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianCoAntrim
Stephen C, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you Brian.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. Additionally, we are grateful for your public words of praise.

We look forward to being of service again, in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Loughshore Hotel

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We had a lovely meal, not expensive, really good service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bestyearnow

Thank you belfastmum2011.

The restauarant has become a favourite for many in our local community. We are delighted you had a good time whilst dining with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Have to say a big thanks to staff for such a good time and a big thank you to David the banquet manager for his help so nice we had such a lovely carvary on Sunday too highly recommend it :-)))

• Stayed: January 2012
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you, so very much, for your words of praise.

We will share your positive feedback with the Banquet Manager, David and our team members who contributed to your pleasurable experience.

Best wishes from all at the Clarion Hotel Carrickfergus.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I attended a special evening with friends and had dinner in the Red Pepper Restaurant and a over night stay. The 4 course meal was superb, with a fantastic choice and served by a team of professional staff.
After our meal we sat in the rotunda area and could hear lovely live jazz music coming from another function, it was perfect!
The room was big and spacious with very comfortable beds and a great view of Belfast Lough.

Great night and I can't wait to return............................

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind words of praise. We will share your review with our team members, who will be greatly encouraged by your positive comments.

We take great pleasure from creating memorable, enjoyable, experiences for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back, soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

For my husbands birthday I decided to book us in to stay overnight in the Clarion Hotel and as it was a Sunday 15th Jan. I booked us in for the cavery. I lifted a plate from the hotbox which was very hot and burned my fingers and thumb. A manager in a suit said something to me which I did not hear and then he disappeared. A very pleasant young waiter carried my plate to our table and got me a bowl of iced water for my hand. I could not enjoy my dinner as my hand was very painful and I found it difficult to use my knife. I had to keep my hand in the iced water for relief. A manager called David asked me what was wrong as he saw me with my hand in the iced water. I explained what had happened and also said that in the interest of Health and Safety trays should be supplied so that customers hands would not get burnt. Napkins are also placed after the hotplates not before or in front of the hotbox for customers to use. David said he would 'take on board what I said' but he could not get away from us quick enough either. I was left feeling that management just did not care about what happened to me. Tony explained to us that on that particular Sunday the cavery was not as busy as it usually is and that the plates were in the hotbox longer than usual which would make them hot. What was meant to be an enjoyable occasion just did not happen.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olympia M

Thank for your feedback and for the opportunity to speak with you today. We are delighted to receive your feedback, positive and constructive. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

my daughter got married in the hotel at the end of october,their were 100 guests and we all had a super day and night,the staff were superb nothing was a problem.the weather that day was awfull but thepoor weather did not spoil our day the mc was proffesional and courteous and amusing,iwould have no hesitation in recomending the clarion for any family event

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts via Tripadvisor. We are delighted that your daughter's wedding day was filled with celebrations and wonderful memories.

We will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff and of course David the MC.

Best wishes to all of the family, from all at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Four of us went to eat in the restaurant last night and it was very busy. Spent 30 mins before even getting a drink but to be fair when the food arrived it was very good. One of the male members of staff in the restaurant was extremely rude and abrupt and we considered leaving. The food did go some way to making up for the service and was very good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tbirdtammy
Stephen P, Manager at Loughshore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

tbirdtammy,
thank you for your candid feedback, it is much appreciated. I have e-mailed you my contact information, so that I might discuss your experience in greater detail. I look forward to (and would be thankfull for) the opportunity to discuss this.

I am encouraged to hear that you enjoyed the food on the evening.

Sincerely and with best wishes from all at the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrickfergus
1.5 km away
38.2 km away
Galgorm Resort & Spa
Galgorm Resort & Spa
#1 of 6 in Ballymena

Been to Loughshore Hotel? Share your experiences!