“Trip around NI”

Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Cushendall
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2020 via mobile

I had only a small lunch here but really did surprise me in how nice it was. I had the soup and portion of chips. The soup was exactly how traditional soup should be, thick with lots of flavor instead of that watery stuff you get in places. The peppercorn sauce that came with the chips also delivering in taste beyond the regular.
Delighted we came to stop here on our journey

1  Thank stephencY469AE
Write a reviewReviews (467)

Reviewed September 19, 2020

Called today for lunch as we had our wee dog with us. Stacey was very helpful and attentive. Our food was excellent tasty and hot .

1  Thank O7743BWjulies
Reviewed September 12, 2020

Place looks lovely and clean. We wore our masks when entering and leaving restaurant. Noticed that the staff do not wear any face coverings. Downstairs very cosy lots of people nice cosy fire. Upstairs somewhat cooler. Waitress very pleasant but told me that Pil pil prawns were lovely. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Approx 6 to 8 small brown coloured prawns floating in oil with bits of chilli flakes with slice of garlic bread on top. I mistook it for my partners bread accompanying his chowder. Very disappointed with the taste the texture the smell and the look of the starter. It cost 7 pounds. Would not recommend it at all ever. The rest of the meal was average, taste wise. Another thing that I witnessed which was very disturbing, was the staff member washing the dishes in the kitchen, went to the toilet wearing her apron. Unfortunately we won’t be back to this restaurant which looked promising.

3  Thank humpy2016
Reviewed September 7, 2020 via mobile

We visited on the good recommendations from trip advisor. Its obviously trading in its old reputation. Food was very bland and overcooked. For somewhere that was supposed to specialise in seafood 3 of the 4 of us had fish dishes that were all overcooked. Sauces were bland. Not too sure if the chef had a day off but it appeared not much skill was involved. If we had got these dishes in a diner they would have been OK but mains cost £13-15 and would have expected alot more for that price.

2  Thank stephena591
Reviewed September 4, 2020

Not good at all. Prawn starter not as described . No rocket and no dill. Tasteless with a very basic salad. Hake with ham hock main course had no ham hock until we asked for it and very small portion. Vegetarian options not great. I explained I was gluten free and ordered cauliflower fritters which had gluten in them . The veggie burger was basic with lettuce and tomato in a bap. ( which I coukdnt eat ). It was described on the bill as steak burger. When I looked at the menu the steak burger was served with relish and onion rings neither of which I hot but was charged for ! Staff friendly and helpful but very disappointed with food. Not value for money.

2  Thank Mojocr