“Lovely food excellent staff except 1 purple haired woman who is very rude made me feel stupid and letsthe staff down”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Forum Restaurant & Coffee Shop
Ranked #45 of 87 Restaurants in Coleraine
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Was in here on Tuesday with family on Halloween break ,the food we had was lovely but the service from a purple haired woman was absolutely awful she made me feel so uncomfortable when I asked a question about the menu really made me feel stupid, all other staff are so friendly,The management should take into consideration this happens every time I visit here that is no way to treat a paying customer she is so ignorant and rude I am having doubts about returning here when I visit again as the food is very reasonable and great variety .Can I also say top marks to rest of the team working there, but to the purple haired woman learn some manners and treat the elderly with respect.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Had lovely home cooked meal cottage pie mashed potatoes and veg nice wholesome home cooking although u need to be in early as the specials dissappear fast there is also a selection of cold meals as well as hot

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Pleasant friendly restaurant nice lunch with loads of different menu choices. Found the staff helpful perhaps some a little stressed looking, but not at all unpleasant.
Food is excellent and very whole area looks clean and well kept.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Wow we are Glutens for punishment, we had lunch the first day and couldn't understand how much lunch was going to cost, couldn't tell what the menu's were. A vague price you know the one that says from. Service is just blunt and part of service is genuinely interested in helping you with what your ordering and just how to order.

We mistakenly went back the next day perhaps not expecting anything to match the previous day's experience.

Wrong, I work in Customer Service and these people are not Tourist friendly. The food was ok but nothing is going to matter if your service to customers is dreadful.

I do not recommend this venue at all.

We went across the road to Heralds at 22. Fantastic service great for and a menu with prices and details.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Been in here and few times,and the food is good for a quick fry or a big Xmas dinner,which I wouldve highly recommended by the way! But after my last visit yesterday I had to review. Customer service is exactly the same as EVERY other time I've been and it's not enough to put me off eating there but it is laughable.iv realised over the years they stop serving hot food at 330 pm and to go in after is taking your life in your hands to dare asking for something! Like heaven forbid u want fed in a cafe that's open til 5! I was in at 2pm tho for the all day fry,which when I requested got screamed at "THERE'S NO SAUSAGES LEFT" I panicked thinking that there were none left in the world for a second by the delivery of her statement, but quickly realised she meant there was none cooked for her to microwave for me. Sorry but in a cafe equipped with grills,deep fat friers etc I would've happily waited but no such offer was given,just a withering look and a cross face that was basically willing me to run of an die some were! Anyway got a piss poor fry of sorts at end up,but I'll not be rushing back."All day fry"?? yea but only if ur day ends at 2pm!

3  Thank Linds81