My fiance and I stayed at Bishopstrow for one night doing the 'Longleat Package', and we could not fault it. The general look and layout of the hotel has an old fashioned feel and the furnishings and interior were lovely. We had a warm welcome by reception staff and having our bags carried to our room was a nice touch.
Our room was a 'Classic' room and had just been refurbished, it was perfect. The shower (wet room) was fabulous and the old fashioned hot tub was a wonderful touch. The only downside was that we could not check in to our room until 2.30pm which is rather late if you arrive there early to make use of the facilities.
Our stay included a 3 course gourmet meal in the Mulberry restaurant, the food was excellent, we had the pleasure of trying the new menu out, the duck and guinea fowl was particularly good.
The staff in the restaurant and general hotel were extremely helpful at all times. Our stay included full use of the Halycon Spa, which was a great treat, again the staff were extremley helpful. The different shower sprays in between the sauna and steam room did make us giggle, the steam room seemed to be hotter come the evening.
Breakfast was also lovely in the morning in the Mulberry Restaurant which set us up well for the day, and we were blessed with good weather so taking a walk around the hotel after breakfast was a nice treat.
We would definitley recommend Bishopstrow to anyone thinking of staying there, and would most certainly stay there again. It was a special treat and wondeful relaxation before a busy and wonderful day at Longleat the next day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa. Without doubt one of the finest, luxury hotels in Wiltshire.Located within easy reach of Bath and Salisbury (off the A36), only 6 miles from the famed Longleat Safari and Adventure Park.Set in 27 acres of established grounds boasting kitchen gardens, orchard and trout fishing from the banks of the river Wylye running along the hotel, deep in the heart of the beautiful Wiltshire countryside. Ideal for adults and children alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bishopstrow House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bishopstrow House Hotel Warminster
- Bishopstrow Hotel Warminster
- Bishopstrow House Warminster, UK - England