“Excellent but can be expensive.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were here this time last year and for the same deal we paid £398 more (no doubt many people would blame Brexit!). The quality is still high but nearly everything is extra. The new pool ride is amazing and not for the faint hearted. Food and drink are OK but highly priced. Be prepared for the usual long delay at check in.

Good points:-
1. Incredible variety of activities.
2. The equipment is top quality.
3. Staff.
4. Tidiness and cleanliness.

Not so good points:-
1. Initial price.
2. Activity price.
3. Food and drink costs ( take food with you).

Had a great w/e and would return.

Room Tip: Pay more to get a cabin not miles from anywhere.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at any Center Parcs site, for my husband's birthday. We've previously been to Forest Holidays and Bluestone and had expected something along similar lines. We both commented that the site was bigger and better equipped, with a much wider variety of things to do, than anywhere we've been before and we were really impressed. Also the staff are all really friendly and helpful, in every shop and restaurant you go into.

Now for the negative I'm afraid - beware lodge 234 - the place is a hazard to health. It looks lovely until you go into the bedroom, which stinks of damp and there is mould growing everywhere - inside the window frames, on the wall and even inside the wardrobes so that we didn't use them at all. It's unbelievable that staff wouldn't have noticed this - you open the curtains and the window frames are literally covered in black mould spores. The lodge was also so grubby that I'm not sure it had been cleaned since the previous occupants left - nearly all the crockery and glassware had food on it, and the bathroom was really grimy too. There were also small issues such as the jacuzzi bath not working, missing items in the kitchen and doors not shutting properly, etc - small things but not what you expect when you've paid for an 'executive lodge.'

My husband didn't want to make a fuss as it was his birthday but I did mention the mould and dirt to a member of staff on the bookings desk who asked how we were finding things - she said she'd never heard of a mouldy lodge before (which is strange as quite a few reviews on here mention mould in cabins) and that we couldn't be moved as the site was fully occupied, but she'd get a manager to come down and see us. We left this morning and haven't seen a manager.

A shame as I'm really in two minds about whether to go back - we loved the site but neither of us is feeling great after three nights surrounded by damp and mould and I'm not sure I could risk getting an equally mouldy lodge again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ashmannie
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Have visited many times over the past 15 years and enjoyed lots of family holidays here.
Sad to see the recent refurbished sports bar. The improvements include 40'' tv above every table showing various sports matches. Previously this was the only place for families to gather together on an evening so was always full and busy. Adding these tv has narrowed the use of this large area. The lack of people in there on a Saturday evening was quite sad
Rating of 4 for holiday - sports bar 1!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Debbi S
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Very expensive all round: drinks, food and activities. Don't bother with the train, it's quicker to walk. The villas (we were in Oak) are shabby and need a lot of work.

We tried loads of activities but you get thrown off too soon to really enjoy them.

The real clincher was the extremely rude security guard on the Sunday afternoon at the exit gate. We got to the exit gate via the train and walking from Oak, which took around 30 mins, to ask about luggage and the car situation. When there we explained that I had injured my knee so what are be options for carrying cases from 'Oak' to the car? He told me to get the train. I tried to explain that I would struggle to get the luggage from the villa to a train stop - he simply shrugged his shoulders.

We managed to get help from others guests so problem solved - but when I stopped the car to speak again with the security guy at the exit gate I couldn't attract his attention away from his texting on the phone.

Security?

The numerous hen parties and other large groups had the right idea. Bring in Sainsbury's bags full of alcohol and you won't notice the shabbiness or £6 a pint prices.

The manager (Andy) should stay on site and experience some of the challenges.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dubzmike
Liz_Center_Parcs, Lead Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks for your post and I am sorry that no all aspects of your stay met your expectations.

I apologise for any lack of guest care when you spoke to a member of the Security team and your comments have been shared with the management team.

Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Amazing holiday as always but centre parcs you let us down about being no rapids this time. It's all well and good about saying the new rides will make up for it but my 8yr was frightened to death on them. Next time more notice on the plans of shutting them would of been good. Then again you know you have a regular custom base so you really ain't worried. Shame on you though for being g sneaky about it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kernowclan1234
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We have just had a fantastic weekend in Center Parcs Longleat. We were a family of eight, all adults and including my 86 year old parents. I must praise Shaun from security, as my parents had limited mobility, we used the assisted transport which was an excellent help and meant we were able to involve them in some of our activities. I also have to say that all staff went out of their way to help. Well done Center Parcs.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CathyL1963
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This is my second trip to Longleat Centre Parcs, and probably wont be my last. it takes me a couple of years to gather myself financially for the thorough shafting that the management like to give their guests. However, given the horrendous cost of this place I have to point out that you don't have to spend a penny more than what you paid to get in. The footpaths are free, the land train is free and best thing of all, the pool is free. The first time I went, I had a perfectly wonderful time not spending anything on all the frills they want you to spend your hard-earned wages on.

How to enjoy Centre Parcs on a budget:
So you got in for cheap or someone paid for you, but everything is over priced and you feel a wave of claustrophobia come over you. Don't worry, you are not alone. Each lodge and/or room comes with a full kitchen. You do not have to purchase the hyper-inflated groceries at the 'Parc Market'. Instead get in your car and drive the four miles into Warminster where you will find a Lidl, B&M and Iceland. Heck, even Waitrose is cheap compared to Centre Parcs.

If you are good at planning, you can even spend your Tesco clubcard points on some Longleat Safari park Tickets, which is literally only three minutes drive out the gate of Centre Parcs (Normal cost about £35 pp).

So, forgetting the horrific cost of most things in Centre Parcs lets get down to my experiences...

Las Iguanas was a pleasurable experience, with the feel of eating outside in somewhere exotic, while still being inside the main Plaza. Seeing that our party had kids, the waitress seated us by the play area, so we could watch the other children squabble and shriek as kids do. The meal was tasty and well presented, but we left with a bitter taste in our mouths at the cost (sorry, I mentioned money again).

Jardin De Sports is a better choice if cost if important. You get a more family oriented selection of food available and the kids get a meal-deal that included drink and desert. For a non-alcoholic drink, I recommend the Cherry Sunrise. Make sure they give you 4 cherries, as when it gets busy, they cut then down to two and dilute the cherry flavour with lemonade. Afterwards, you get visit the tatty arcade, or if you haven't had your tetanus jabs in a while you can go climbing or bowling, or do some sports.

The pool was as always the best thing about Centre Parcs. Many were annoyed about the Rapids being out of action, and it was a big disappointment, but we never got chance to worry too much as the fumes from the worksite kept our head spinning with nausea whenever we were in the outdoor pool.

On the plus side I did sample the two new slides. The Typhoon and the Cyclone. The former is an insane trip over steep drops and a massive cavern-sized swoopy thing that takes your breath away. It was amazing. Only the woman at the top, being a speck of a thing, was having trouble pushing people over the edge, she needed help practically every time someone took a go.

The Cyclone was also very good, with two smaller swoopy things, but with two large blokes on one inflatable, we nearly flipped over a couple of times. Well worth it though.

As my second time at Centre Parcs, I was more prepared to spend enormous amounts of money on small things and it was much more enjoyable than before.

My advice to people coming here for the first time: Budget your money, expect to pay four times over what you pay in the supermarket. Expect to get fleeced every step of the way. If you are prepared for this, then you can have a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Pay a premium to get a lodge closer to the plaza.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank MattH4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
3.5 km away
4.2 km away
The George Inn
The George Inn
#6 of 24 in Warminster

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!