9,457 results
All reviewsland trainpancake housecafe rougeexecutive lodgeparc marketgreat funswimming poolsports cafeaqua sanawinter wonderlandall ageshired bikesvillage squareaerial adventurequad bikingfir areapine area
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

A group of 8 of us visited longleat Center Parcs for our annual holiday. Lovely time swinming. The staff doing the rock climbing were incredibly helpful & friendly. The new slides were so much fun, and all the lifeguards seemed really tuned in to safety on them. Jack in particular was very confident & friendly.
Will definitely be back next year

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Emily V
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We were here this time last year and for the same deal we paid £398 more (no doubt many people would blame Brexit!). The quality is still high but nearly everything is extra. The new pool ride is amazing and not for the faint hearted. Food and drink are OK but highly priced. Be prepared for the usual long delay at check in.

Good points:-
1. Incredible variety of activities.
2. The equipment is top quality.
3. Staff.
4. Tidiness and cleanliness.

Not so good points:-
1. Initial price.
2. Activity price.
3. Food and drink costs ( take food with you).

Had a great w/e and would return.

Room Tip: Pay more to get a cabin not miles from anywhere.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time at any Center Parcs site, for my husband's birthday. We've previously been to Forest Holidays and Bluestone and had expected something along similar lines. We both commented that the site was bigger and better equipped, with a much wider variety of things to do, than anywhere we've been before and we were really impressed. Also the staff are all really friendly and helpful, in every shop and restaurant you go into.

Now for the negative I'm afraid - beware lodge 234 - the place is a hazard to health. It looks lovely until you go into the bedroom, which stinks of damp and there is mould growing everywhere - inside the window frames, on the wall and even inside the wardrobes so that we didn't use them at all. It's unbelievable that staff wouldn't have noticed this - you open the curtains and the window frames are literally covered in black mould spores. The lodge was also so grubby that I'm not sure it had been cleaned since the previous occupants left - nearly all the crockery and glassware had food on it, and the bathroom was really grimy too. There were also small issues such as the jacuzzi bath not working, missing items in the kitchen and doors not shutting properly, etc - small things but not what you expect when you've paid for an 'executive lodge.'

My husband didn't want to make a fuss as it was his birthday but I did mention the mould and dirt to a member of staff on the bookings desk who asked how we were finding things - she said she'd never heard of a mouldy lodge before (which is strange as quite a few reviews on here mention mould in cabins) and that we couldn't be moved as the site was fully occupied, but she'd get a manager to come down and see us. We left this morning and haven't seen a manager.

A shame as I'm really in two minds about whether to go back - we loved the site but neither of us is feeling great after three nights surrounded by damp and mould and I'm not sure I could risk getting an equally mouldy lodge again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ashmannie
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Have visited many times over the past 15 years and enjoyed lots of family holidays here.
Sad to see the recent refurbished sports bar. The improvements include 40'' tv above every table showing various sports matches. Previously this was the only place for families to gather together on an evening so was always full and busy. Adding these tv has narrowed the use of this large area. The lack of people in there on a Saturday evening was quite sad
Rating of 4 for holiday - sports bar 1!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Debbi S
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Very expensive all round: drinks, food and activities. Don't bother with the train, it's quicker to walk. The villas (we were in Oak) are shabby and need a lot of work.

We tried loads of activities but you get thrown off too soon to really enjoy them.

The real clincher was the extremely rude security guard on the Sunday afternoon at the exit gate. We got to the exit gate via the train and walking from Oak, which took around 30 mins, to ask about luggage and the car situation. When there we explained that I had injured my knee so what are be options for carrying cases from 'Oak' to the car? He told me to get the train. I tried to explain that I would struggle to get the luggage from the villa to a train stop - he simply shrugged his shoulders.

We managed to get help from others guests so problem solved - but when I stopped the car to speak again with the security guy at the exit gate I couldn't attract his attention away from his texting on the phone.

Security?

The numerous hen parties and other large groups had the right idea. Bring in Sainsbury's bags full of alcohol and you won't notice the shabbiness or £6 a pint prices.

The manager (Andy) should stay on site and experience some of the challenges.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dubzmike
Liz_Center_Parcs, Lead Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2017

Thanks for your post and I am sorry that no all aspects of your stay met your expectations.

I apologise for any lack of guest care when you spoke to a member of the Security team and your comments have been shared with the management team.

Kind regards