“What a disappointment!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived at our lodge to find that there was no log fire , very disappointing! The lodge was particularly clean not like the one in Woburn. I noticed that the towels were only changed every two days and the bedding wasn’t changed at all even though I managed to get mascara on my pillow case.
We didn’t want to do the activities but just have a relaxing time, the only thing we were really looking forward to was the pool only to find that most of it was closed .
If you decide to eat out every night it does become rather expensive so I can see why people eat in.
A few tips on what you need , there is a little market place but it’s slightly dearer than normal supermarkets .
Take :/
Kitchen roll
Surface cleaner
Washing up liquid
Dishwasher tabs
Breakfast food
Frying pan / theirs is rubbish!!!
And if you decide to stay in for food take it with you.
Overall we enjoyed ourselves but the cleanliness of the lodge had a lot to be desired. The carpet didn’t even get vacuumed!!
But the funny thing was that the cleaners had time to write things on the chalk board.
Be aware Longleat is big hence the reason there is a train to take you from place to place.

1  Thank Lez M

Reviewed 17 October 2017

There were Cigarette ends all over the patio area. I could not let the children outside until it was cleaned up. I went to the reception but the wait to speak to someone was long. I sent an email and have followed it up but after 2 weeks there is no response.

1  Thank Malcolm L
Liz_Center_Parcs, Lead Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thanks for the post.

We shall respond within the time frame shown on our automated response.

Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Had a fab midweek break with our daughter and friends with their baby son, good price outside of the school holidays but would NOT be able to afford in the holidays!!!!!! Swimming pool was fantastic- we spent a whole day there and the kids had a fab time too!!!
Accommodation- needs abit of any update
Restaurants- sports bar- took an hour to get our breakfast and then be told half the ingredients weren't available- weird. We found the prices very expensive to eat out.

Room Tip: We liked our lodge that was far away from the main square
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemma M
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Well, it is only a few hours since I wrote an e-mail to customer services so I await with baited breath a reply although it would appear from reading previous reviews that it will be a standard response. It won't be so standard when they find out we are due to speak to our solicitor about the coincidental chest wheezes etc that my family members have suddenly experienced that tie in with the below!

So, we check in on the Friday 13th October and as we walk into the log cabin there is a strong pungent smell of mould and damp!! Then we see a message scrawled on the blackboard 'Welcome to Centre Parcs, your cabin has been cleaned by (goes onto name 3 names). Question: if we can smell this as we enter, and ALL our friends smelt it, how on earth could the three cleaners not notice it? Reading previous reviews it is blatantly obvious, they did know, they don't care! We were in a party of 4 families and the cabins next door were occupied so we didn't care to complain because we had read that the managers turn a blind eye and we were only there for 3 nights so we didn't want to have to re-pack, to unpack, and to move away from our friends, especially as we have young children as well as our friends!

I wrote a note on the blackboard for the cleaners so it will be very interesting to see if this has been reported back or 'rubbed off' for nobody to see. Additionally there had been stickers placed across the bathroom fan switches stating to not switch them off, and the fact that they did not turn off once the lights were switched off this left a very annoying buzzing noise, so how on earth they would expect you to sleep through this I do not know! And anyway, at £550 why should you have to?

The oven also did not work. In fact when we turned it on strange smoke (that smelled of cleaning product) came pouring out!! Sheets were also on the dirty side so not overly impressed in the slightest really. The smell has actually gotten into the fabric of our clothes!!

On the last evening we opted to get the train as we have young ones (with pushchairs) and waited for the 18:30 train. It pulled up and had only 2 carriages!! So obviously only two stops from the plaza isn't it obvious that more than 2 carriages were requried or did they simply not care that people have to wait another 15 minutes for another train, and what if that only had two carriages!!?!! Then imagine my surprise when, after the driver has watched us all split, clamber to find a space, carrying children, leaving buggies, he simply stopped a stop short and said 'all off, we are not going any further!' When I questioned why had he not told anybody, his curt reply was 'we are trialing'. When I asked why would you suddenly trial without telling anybody, and that I had a young child with no pushchair his further curt response was 'if you have a problem complain to the office'! Rude arrogant man really!!!!

Here is a tip: IF YOU ARE NOT GOING ALL THE WAY THEN TELL PEOPLE WHEN THEY ARE GETTING ON THE TRAIN, DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THEY GET A STOP SHORT AND THEN SUDDENLY ANNOUNCE THIS INFORMATION, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY HAVE TODDLERS WITH THEM WITH NO BUGGY!!!!!!! IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!

They site absolutely takes the mickey regards prices and they don't need to! The centre parcs shop that sells standard items at double the cost, cigs at £3 more than RRP, 0.15 for plastic bags, not to mention internal eateries charging £5.40 for a bottle of beer!!! The sports bar wanted £18 for a jug of squash, a vodka and coke and a beer! Now, on my workings, if I bought an alcoholic drink for my wife and I, and a J20 for my 3 children, we would be circa £25, so that's £100 for four drinks!!!!! Yes, £100!!!! Disgraceful. Totally unacceptable and disgraceful!!!

Centre Parcs do not need to be so greedy but I guess that they don't really care because there are always enough people on site that are not aware of this before they visit and thus get ripped off. This is the feeling that I have. Although I had a good time due to the company that I was with and because my children enjoyed the swimming, other than that it feels like I have been totally ripped off. In fact, I think you need to be a multi millionaire to be able to afford and enjoy this place!

Just be aware if you are reading this, the place is a CASH COW. Designed to milk you at every opportunity. Oh, nearly forgot, £11 for 45 minutes hire of a badminton court, WITHOUT equipment. Oh yes, if you want the equipment to play you have to pay!

Standard.

£6 per pint. Despicable.

If you have lots and lots of £££ then it won't bother you, but you will spend!

So very, very disappointed. Let's see if the customer representatives respond to my e-mailed concerns.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank pomptraveller

Thanks for the post.

I note you have contact the guest services team and they will respond within the time-frame stated on the automated acknowledgement.

Kind regards
Liz

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was a difficult one to review and i gave it average mark because of the price. i really dont think centreparc is worth what you pay. My husband and i went for a small weekend away, no issues at all with the lodge in terms of cleanliness or spaciousness so all good there. The weather was awful and a result of this was that everyone was either in the pool or the sports hall. there was no room to swim and it felt very overcrowded. I cant imagine what it is like in high season!!! The same goes for the sports hall. All the courts were booked up. Theres really not much else to do when it is raining. All activities apart from the swimming pool have a charge which i thought was a bit much as it is so expensive to stay there in the first place. It was ok for a weekend break but i wouldnt have wanted to stay any longer, dont think i could have afforded to!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank elaine h
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

On our recent stay at centre parks we decided to try the spa, well we was not disappointed! As a therapist myself I always find it hard to get a massage with strong enough pressure, I had Rebecca pekford for my massage and it was amazing! Her pressure is so good I would 100 percent recommend her to anyone who wants a firm relaxing pressure! She's an amazing therapist to your team

1  Thank MeganAnder
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We were on a working holiday with people with learning difficulties, we had 2 adapted lodges which were spotless and very close to the Plaza which was a big bonus, we have been here several times and definitely prefer the adapted accommodation, staff were very helpful, on our visit to the spa Judy was a god send for our requirements, nothing was too much trouble for her - a truly lovely lady.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank 41WendyR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
3.5 km away
4.2 km away
The George Inn
The George Inn
#6 of 24 in Warminster

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!