“Amazing Lunch”

The Longs Arms
Price range: US$5 - US$47
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Longs Arms is a beautiful country pub serving cask ale and fresh seasonal food in a relaxed environment with warm and friendly service. We are located in the heart of the lovely village of South Wraxall – just 3 miles from the picturesque town of Bradford on Avon, and 7 miles from the historical city of Bath.
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

The Longs Arms has always been my number 1 venue for a special occasion dinner. We had a friend from Australia returning home tomorrow and wanted to treat her to a memorable lunch. Memorable it certainly was for all the correct reasons. Not the normal beer battered fish and chips here. Monkfish cheeks perfectly executed. I chose the belly pork that only the very talented chef/owner Rob Alcock can create into the perfect savoury dish. Another guest chose the lamb rump but was very specific on how it was served, not liking pink lamb. Liz Alcock who does a superb job as front of house assured our guest despite the lamb being at its best served pink she would ensure it was cooked exactly to her preference. Needless to say we all received perfect meals. The finishing touch was our friend who was returning to Australia tomorrow had her dessert presented with Bon Voyage displayed on the plate in chocolate. Rob and Liz Alcock knock it out of the park every time.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

I had the calves liver onions and mashed potato. This place raised an everyday dish to somehng superb and faultless with wondeful subtle gravy and seasoning.

M had the belly pork which was likewise faultless with perfect crackling.

Highly recommended although we didn't try the desserts.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Birthday dinner for 4, wanted somewhere new so travelled 40mins to get here and was not disappointed. By far the best pub I’ve eaten in. Rob and the team have done an amazing job, Lars our waiter was charming and informed, there’s clearly a passion for food and it’s so nice to see a bunch of people clearly loving their jobs. Mackerel and cauliflower cheese soup were fantastic tasting starters, the pork crackling main was the nicest belly pork I’ve eaten including Michelin starred Spanish restaurants and the buttermilk pudding with a glass of Pedro Jimenez topped off a great evening. 10/10. Thoroughly deserving of Pub Chef of the year

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited the Long Arms in June and went back in July as I was impressed with the food and the atmosphere. For a pub you don’t expect this type of food and the place is not very far from where I live. The pictures I have posted is from my first visit and I didn’t take any on the second visit. We have family coming over from Australia so we will be taking them there for a meal.
Cannot fault the place.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

we live in the village and we’ve eaten in the Longs three times in the last few weeks. The food is always amazing and the summer tasting menu was just incredible. I find the previous 1 star reviewer’s comments surprising. My son in law had the ribs which is the dish photographed in their review. He thought they were lovely with the meat falling off the bone. I had the lamb most recently which had subtle flavours all complimenting the dish. The wines accompany the dishes perfectly and as for the puddings, absolutely delicious. The food is way better than pub grub and yet it is still a pub where locals can have a drink at the bar along with a bowl of chips with ketchup and mayo!

1  Thank TheParkers_40