“Fabulous!”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2015

This place is a relatively hidden gem in the heart of the Peak. I can't give enough praise for the quality of the food, the service, the ambience and the smiling faces of the staff in this lovely establishment. I count the days to my next visit. Piedaniels is most definitely my favourite place to eat anywhere, ever. Christiana, a qualified chef but acting front-of-house, is positively lovely and nothing is too much trouble. If I tell you that I am vegetarian and that Piedaniels is a French restaurant then you will see why my review is such a big deal. Incidentally every carnivore in my acquaintance who has visited Piedaniels is of exactly the same opinion as I am.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

We had dinner at Piedaniels to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The service and attention was topped only by the quality of the food. Thoroughly recommended for anyone looking for that special occasion or simply great quality food at good prices. Well done everyone for making our night so perfect.

1  Thank Plonkit
Reviewed 9 December 2015

This restaurant is really excellent. It was quite busy on a Wednesday lunchtime in mid-November, but the service was nevertheless efficient and friendly. The food was beautifully prepared and presented, particularly the venison main course, which was pink and tender, and the quantities were ideal. The tables are elegantly laid, and the atmosphere achieves that nice balance between the formal and the relaxed, which is rarely found. In terms of cost, the prices of dishes are "mid-range", but the food is closer to fine dining, which was a pleasant surprise. We would not hesitate to return.

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We visited yesterday for lunch to avoid the lunch rush at Chatsworth, good decision.

The food and service was excellent, we each had a different main course and sweet, every item was well presented and cooked to perfection added to the fact that the main courses were £12 each and the sweets £4 each, which represented exceptional value for money.

It was a 90 minute drive but we will be going again. My mother in law rated her whole experience as 10 out of ten and I agree.

1  Thank DaddyPG
Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Staying in Bakewell for a week and decided to eat here to celebrate our wedding anniversary after it being recommended by a local. We had an excellent meal with first class service. It was good value for money aswell. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ela552069