“Lovely anniversary meal”

Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We are on holiday in Bakewell and last night we were looking for somewhere for a meal out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We found Piedaniel's on trip advisor with excellent reviews and it did not disappoint!
The staff were friendly and helpful. Service was relaxed. The food was tasty and beautifully presented. There is a choice between the a la carte (£££) and the table d'hote (££) menus and you can mix and match (from memory, I think only the a la carte menu is available on Saturday evenings). We had three courses each from the table d'hote menu, except I upgraded for the pudding! We had a nice bottle of wine too, and the meal cost £63 altogether which I thought was excellent value. We both had the stuffed mushroom to start; I had sea bass and DH had beuf borgenion (which I can't spell); then I had a warm chocolate pudding and DH had sticky toffee pudding.
Delicious!

1  Thank Frances E

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This visit was for my wife’s birthday, a significant one, and it was superb.
The food was 1st class, the staff were excellent and the service matched.
We will be visiting Bakewell again and when we do we will book the resturant again.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for something more than pub grub and found this little gem. Fantastic food at exceptionally good prices. Very friendly staff too.
Had 2 pre dinner drinks, starter and main each and a great bottle of red all for £67!!
Excellent value- would definitely recommend

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Our first but definitely not our last visit to Piedaniels was on the occasion of my husband’s 60th birthday. We chose Piedaniel’s completely at random and wasn’t sure what to expect but what a delight it was. A lovely warm welcome from the staff when we arrived and a cosy lounge bar area to relax in and have a drink while you peruse the tasty menu. I had the beef bourgignon and my husband had the sea bass. Both were absolutely amazing and the accompanying vegetables were delicious! Dessert was pannacotta for me and sticky toffee pudding for my husband - divine!
This lovely restaurant is not your run of the mill place. The staff are friendly, efficient and welcoming, the food is the best we’ve ever had, and the warm cosy atmosphere makes it a great place to spend time enjoying a lovely relaxing lunch. Price wise it is very reasonable and lunch for two with drinks and coffee afterwards cost us less than £50. The owners and staff should be congratulated on this little gem of a place. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Really good food, would highly recommend! Very reasonable price as well. A nice choice on the menu, and the presentation was great.