All reviews full english cheesy scrambled eggs view room single room electric shower within walking distance biscuits kit kat warm welcome river view seater sofa b and b good size fruit salad close to town centre lovely lady spent three nights
Reviewed August 3, 2017

I booked to stay here with a family member so we could enjoy a Spa day nearby and not have the journey home afterwards.
Sadly due to a loss of that member of family the booking had to be cancelled. It was cancelled within the relevant time period therefore no charges were payable.

The date of the booking came and went recently and on checking my account balance I find that this B&B have still charged me for the reservation that was cancelled!

I am now spending numerous hours communicating with booking.com to ascertain why I have been billed for a cancelled reservation and why they have since removed my booking from booking.com account.

The B&B are not interested in the slightest and are refusing to pay my money back that they unlawfully took from my account when the booking reservation was in fact cancelled within the relevant timescales and under circumstances beyond my control.

I am now looking to take the company to small claims court to get this resolved. At what is already a distressing time this is the last thing that I needed to be dealing with.

I would avoid this place like the plague!

Room Tip: Do not book here!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gemma S
Reviewed July 26, 2017

We had a friendly reception on arrival. We had a second floor room which was very clean and tidy with a comfortable bed and an excellent shower. We were given a form to order our breakfast for the next day. The breakfast was delicious- I would recommend the fruit salad and the full English.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2017

Lovely friendly host. Our room was good size and spotless. The room was a little dated. The bathroom was very modern but was short of a storage or shelf to place your toiletries. The shower towels were on the small side. Our tv was also a little small. Breakfast at the Cedar is excellent and plentiful. Location of the b and b is great and close to all shops and restaurants. I would recommend the Cedar House for your break to the Peak District.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Lots of little touches like chocolate bar on arrival, toiletries and a fan in the room (yes, it was a very hot day so very welcome!) made our stay very pleasant. Lovely breakfast and a great location. We slept really well on a very comfy bed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here twice, first time in a single room a few months ago and this time in a double room.

The single room was decently sized with a good sized bathroom. The bed was comfy and what I'd rate a medium.

The double room was surprisingly large (it was not the one in the attic). Some other places I've stayed would likely have tried to cram two rooms into the same space. Included in the room was a 2 seater sofa and a bedside table for both people. The bathroom was pretty big with a bath. Robes and a hair dryer were provided without asking.

The windows open, and there are radiators.

Fair choice of breakfast. The scrambled egg on toast is delicious and the coffee is good.

The host is a lovely lady with good local knowledge.

And lastly the price is fair considering there aren't a lot of places to stay in the area. In my searches this particular b&b has been the lowest price.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple